Heading out to Myanmar in just over 2 weeks (eeep!) and wanting to clarify with those who may have been there more recently than the guidebooks were written
I'm planning on taking brand new $100USD bills, but am worried I may 1)run out if I don't bring enough or 2) having too much cash on me, makes me a tad uncomfortable (I never have more than $20 on me at home, I'm 100% credit cards)
I'll be sticking to Yangon/Mandalay/Inle/Bagan, with only 3-4 nights out of the main cities- so ATMs should be somewhat easy to come by, correct? Will the exchange rate be horrible? (I know in the past the rate at the airport was atrocious, but it's no longer like this?)
Where CAN I use credit cards? My research is telling me I'll only be able to use them at high-end souvenir shops- is this still the case?
(And yes, I know I'm going at a super-hot time of year, but it was 'go now or wait to go anywhere for 6-7 months', so going now!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 2 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 5 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 6 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 7 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 8 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 9 Sulawesi
- 10 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 11 8 Days in Bali
- 12 two health related questions
- 13 Princess Cruise
- 14 Best day trip from Phuket
- 15 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 16 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 17 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 18 Kata Beach
- 19 meow?
- 20 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 21 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 22 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 23 Phuket
- 24 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 25 Bangkok - Suggestions ??