Mon Tri's Boathouse

Search

Mon Tri's Boathouse

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2007, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mon Tri's Boathouse

Pleased to announce that the Pandas will be staying at Mon Tri's Boathouse in November. We ignored Bob's advice (something more of you should consider) and booked for four nights. We've eaten at the restaurant several times and thought staying on Kata Beach would be fun. We're combining this with a quick excursion to Luang Prabang and because of arrival and departure times, we need to book three flights on Bangkok Air (Discovery Pass) and one on Thai Air (BKK-HKT, only flight available after LP-BKK flight arrives).

Have they mad substantial changes in the rooms at the Boathouse recently? It doesn't make much difference, but inquiring minds want to know.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 06:47 AM

there will be a severe penalty for ignoring my advice...
Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:28 AM

Sounds like a great trip, Gpanda!
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:57 AM
MPT

I stayed there back in March and had a suite. The room was quite spacious, with a full sitting/living room and dining room. The bathroom was a tad small compared to the room, but there was a tub and rainshower, and one sink. The decor was interesting, an almost 70's Asian look. The best part of the room was the view. We had wall to ceiling windows on three sides as well as a balcony looking out to Kata Beach. Even though the rooms are a bit worn for the price, we had a great stay and the location was ideal. One word of caution; our room was crawling with mosquitos everynight and I was their main course. We finally figured out that everyday during room cleaning, the staff would leave the door open. As the Boathouse is only enclosed in the lobby and rooms, that provided the entryway for many critters.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:05 AM

Andy
Are you staying in a suite? The regular rooms are not very spacious, and the decor is nothing special; that said, I did enjoy my stay there. My fave is the villa royale property. Be sure to catch the shuttle and ask for a tour!! Try eating at Mom Tri's Kitchen one night. It's wonderful!
Carol