Mom Tri's Restaurants

Oct 25th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Original Poster

Mom Tri's Restaurants

Carol, anyone, looking for info on the two Mom Tri's restaurants, preferences, comments. Thanks
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:59 AM

Both are excellent!!! The Boathouse Grill is a larger place, right on the beach at Kata, and located in Mom Tri's Boathouse resort. You can get a lovely beach front table and maybe enjoy a nice sunset (depending upon the time you visit, of course). The food is excellent and the wine list is probably the best we've found in Phuket.

Mom Tri's Kitchen is located at the Villa Royale property. It sits up on a hillside overlooking Kata Noi beach and the Andaman Sea. It is a much smaller place than the Grill. I like the view here as well. The menu is more extensive now. It used to be about five absolutely fresh that day items of fish, duck, etc. The food is excellent and the wine list compares to the Boathouse as they share their supply.

You will not go wrong with either one of them. You must decide if you want a larger place with beach location, or a smaller place with more ambiance.

Carol
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:45 PM

The boathouse grill is absolutely fantastic. The staff,the food,the winelist...and the location. We had to go back the next day,we could not focus on anything else than yesterdays wonderful dinner.
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

Just might have to go to both
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:03 AM

Do both....they are both great!!
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:45 AM

Definitely do both! You will not be disappointed.
Carol
Oct 27th, 2005, 09:13 PM

we are going to the mom's boatshouse grill tonite...will report back...
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:13 AM
Original Poster

divediva
Looking forward to hearing from you.
So how are things in Phuket anyway, I'll be there soon.
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:51 AM

How is your weather there on Phuket? We had a some rain during our visit there about a month ago (still loved it though).
Carol
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:32 PM

we loved mom tri's boathouse...
4 people, lobster, steak, duck, curry, appetizers, soda and lots and lots of water...under $75 US.

it really was hot there ...no a/c but they brought out a big industrial size fan to accomdate us. the service was outstanding and i recommend it highly.

carol...i did not like phuket. maybe because i live on maui...it just wasnt as nice as i had imagined. we loved the phi phi island village resort...and extended our stay there.
what a beautiful tropical resort...so quiet...great pool...great diving...even the food and drinks were very good and quite reasonable...especially since you are a captive audience...overall very affordable and we plan on returning....
Nov 5th, 2005, 04:38 AM

divediva
I'm glad you enjoyed the Boathouse Grill on Phuket. Was the beach getting busy yet? It was very quiet in late September. I was not used to seeing it that quiet.

Boathouse Grill is right along the beach, so yes, it is open air and no AC... just the fresh ocean breezes. Sorry it was so hot for you, but it sounds like they tried their best to take care of their visitors anyway. Yes, service and food at the Grill are exceptional! You paid a very reasonable price also. We usually have a bottle of red wine (or 2) and that ups the tab!!

Some folks don't care for Phuket, some do. To each his own. (I like it, but then, I don't live anywhere near a beach in the US) Phi Phi is very lovely indeed, and much smaller. How did it look since the tsunami? We did not return to Phi Phi just yet.

Carol

Nov 5th, 2005, 01:16 PM

Nov 5th, 2005, 01:18 PM

oops...my message got deleted!!!

phuket was very very quiet...beaches pretty much deserted...maybe because the red flags were flying.... there was no one on the main beach in karon...kinda eerie....

there also was no breeze the entire time we were there...maybe why it was so uncomfortable...even at night it was very hot and still....
mom tris was great tho...they did everything they could to make us comfortable....
Nov 6th, 2005, 04:33 AM

I can't help but think that this peak season is also going to be slower than in years past. That's too bad for Phuket. They NEED tourist dollars.
Carol