Reload this Page >

Miramar or Prudential hotel in Hong Kong

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 10:19 PM
Jeff

Does anyone experience with either the Miramar or Prudential hotel in Hong Kong?<BR><BR>I am particularly interested in room size and whether there are mini-bars/refrigerators.<BR><BR>Thanks, Jeff

Old May 3rd, 2001, 08:23 AM
Jen

I have been to HK 5 times. I stayed at the Prudential Hotel for 4 days during one of my trips because it came with the flight. It is a very modest hotel. Nothing fancy. It has a small mall on the lower floors and a MTR station underneath it. The location is not that great. Although it is close to men's night market. However, I think the ideal location to stay in HK is TST or Central on HK side. I believe there is a mini bar, although I can't really remember. The room size is decent. I am not sure about Mirimar Hotel, but I can say I will never stay at Prudential or any hotel on the Kowloon side again even if it is free.

Old May 4th, 2001, 06:09 AM
michael

my wife and I stayed at the Miramar hotel about 2 months ago and really enjoyed ourselves. The hotel is in the best location, (on Nathan road and right in the middle of everything). As for the hotel room itself it was large and the hotel was very clean and modern. The mini bar is a nice size, and they have the best fitness area of any hotel that i have ever been to, if that is of any importance to you. <BR>hope the info was helpful. Enjoy your trip. <BR>

Old May 4th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Alex Phan

Prudential hotel is for low budget traveller. The room is small. There is a mini bar in the room. Location is OK unless you speak Chinese. Stay in TST is much better. There are Holiday Golden Mile, Hyatt, YMCA Salisbury. Miramar is recently renovated. Rooms should be better than Prudential. Cotact Dorothy Ho at Take Traveller. They're consolidator based in Hong Kong. Their hotels rate are unbeatable ! Her email address is [email protected] or visit their web site. <BR>Good luck !

Old May 7th, 2001, 06:19 PM
rit

I haven't heard of Prudential Hotel, even I'm in HK. I suggest you to take Miramar Hotel. It's qutie new & I'm sure the facilities should be great. There're shopping arcade & restaurants within the same building & it is located in the centre of the TST shopping street. No worry about eatting & shopping things. I'd like to suggest you the Rosedale on the Park hotel in HK island, just opened in this Feb. There's plug for you to connect your personal laptop computer & there's dect phone which can be used within the hotel. So if anyone calls you, you can answer it right away.