Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Message Title (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/message-title-620940/)

valtor Jun 5th, 2006 04:00 AM

Message Title

I know that in this forum there are different persons, some with more travel experience, some with less, some answer more frequent and give more info than other.
I think that if somebody asks a question, he / she will receive answers from the people that can help, regardless how many advises he / she gave to other.

If this is the situation, why some people here put their name in the title' like "Kattie needs .."? By the way. Kattie, this is nothing personal with you, I am just curios..

rhkkmk Jun 5th, 2006 05:36 AM

quite honestly, i think some of us just feel that it makes it more personal...and it also gives the reader a reference...it the person male or female, etc...

Craig Jun 5th, 2006 06:22 AM

There are some in this "community" that have been posting for a long time. Over the years we have gotten to know each other, at least in the sense of how and where we like to travel. As Bob said above, putting one's name in a title personalizes the thread.

Kathie Jun 5th, 2006 06:44 AM

Valtor, as Bob and Craig say, my choice to put my name in the title is to personalize it. I feel I know many of the posters on this board, and indeed, have met a number. I also like it when people put their names in their trip report titles. For instance, I was awaiting LAFadeaway's trip report, so was delighted when the title came up. Likewise, I think we're all awaiting Laurieco's trip report.

I think this is a pretty friendly board, and, as you know, we're always glad to give info to new people on the board, new travelers to Asia. So it wasn't that I thought I'd get more (or better) info with my name in the title.

Also, I put my name in the post requesting info about Chaing Mai because I though a number of people would get a laugh out of it. While I've been traveling to SE Asia for over 20 years, CM has been perhaps my least favorite destination. So I expect that a number of posters would get a chuckle out of my willingness to try it again!

valtor Jun 6th, 2006 04:02 AM

Thank you Kathie, Craig and Rhkkmk for your answers. Now I understand, and I wonder how I did not find myself the answer ?
Sorry for my foolish question.

rhkkmk Jun 6th, 2006 05:28 AM

no question is foolish...except the unasked one...

althom1122 Jun 6th, 2006 03:47 PM

I've gotta add my two cents! I'm one of the newer posters. Back in the fall, I started planning my first trip to Asia with my daughter. I was nervous about doing it on my own and asked TONS of questions and got many, many helpful answers here. And lots of people generously gave answers to MULTIPLE questions. I felt like they were in it with me. The whole planning process. They were cheering me on! So when I returned, I wanted to put my name in the trip report title because, by that time, I knew that the folks who had been so helpful actually cared enough that they'd be interested to hear about ME and MY trip! It truly is a community. I've loved becoming a part of it. So yeah, that's why some of us post our names in the title. :-)
Karen