Meeting Place at Bangkok Airport

Old Apr 25th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meeting Place at Bangkok Airport

DH is flying in on Thai Air. We are taxi-ing from the Pen and need to meet up to check in for our Air Asia flight to Chang Rai. I assume that he will have to go through immigration and customs before heading to the Air Asia flight. Is is safe to agree to meet at the Air Asia counter or is it likely that he will find himself somehow already in the gate area after immigration and able to proceed to the gates and we will miss each other? If anyone can suggest a good meeting spot, I would most appreciate it.

We leave on May 30 -- Can't wait to meet Tong, Pon and Dara and the eles at the Anantara.

Amy
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 06:59 PM

my guess would be to meet at the gate for your next flight....how could you go wrong....
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Does the Air Asia flight leave from the new airport?

When we transfered from an international flight to a domestic flight in Bangkok, we cleared customs and immigration at the next airport, not at BKK. But we were flying Thai Air domestically.

Thus, I agree with Bob, your best bet is to meet at the departure gate.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 10:46 PM

Your husband will need to pass through immigration, collect his bags, clear customs, and proceed to the Air Asia check in counters. Air Asia is point to point and neither passengers nor baggage can be checked through with connecting flights with other airlines, or even other Air Asia flights. Check in is strictly closed 45 minutes prior to departure time. Luggage limit is 15 kg per person checked baggage.
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 08:27 AM

Thanks, Kim, I wasn't sure how Air Asia worked, but I suspected it was different from full-service airlines!