Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Mayfair Marriott Exec Apartment in Bangkok (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/mayfair-marriott-exec-apartment-in-bangkok-558103/)

Shade22182 Sep 13th, 2005 03:01 AM

Mayfair Marriott Exec Apartment in Bangkok

Is anyone familiar with this property?

Shade

rhkkmk Sep 13th, 2005 06:04 AM

i am familiar with them...i have not stayed there but did visit to see what they were like...they are in a very good location and of the 3 or 4 serviced apartments that we looked at in bkk, they were by far the nicest and they have a very unusual roof top pool and a very nice restaurant....

i look forward to staying there myself in the future...

i have been told that they may be converted to time share in the future or at least part of them...

you would not be unhappy with staying there...

i believe that they are available on some of the discount sites as well....

i like: www.huahin.20m.com

Guenmai Sep 13th, 2005 09:50 AM

Bob, what other serviced apartments did you look at? You know what we ought to do is make a list of interested serviced apartments and then when we...the regulars... are in BK at different times, we can check out, say, three different buildings each and then report back what we liked/didn't like about the buildings and how close they were to the sky train and how close they were to a supermarket...which folks don't always think about...and whether or not they have a laundry room...just for starters.On this summers search, I noticed that the Somerset Suwan Park had a nice laundry room and I remember last year the Chateau de Bangkok also had a laundry room. But the Emporium Suites doesn't have one and so I'll have to pay 250 extra baht to have a washing machine installed in my apartment, but I don't think I'll have a dryer. They have laundry service, but who wants to pay for that? So, there are a lot of questions to ask when one's looking for a serviced apartment.We could start a serviced apartment thread and just add information on to it. Happy Travels!

Kathie Sep 13th, 2005 11:08 AM

Guenmai, I think that's a great idea! I'm hoping to take some time from my November trip to look at a few serviced apartments

glorialf Sep 13th, 2005 11:27 AM

That's a great idea. Maybe we should expand it and alsdo keep a couple of lists of new properties in Bangkok, CM, various beaches etc that we want more info on and ttt periodically so people can look at them if they're in the area and write reports.

I know the reports we've gotten on Baan Orapin in CM have been enormously helpful to me. Even if we don't stay there looking at the place and writing about it will help a lot of people.

Guenmai Sep 13th, 2005 12:01 PM

OK...What I can do is start a new thread, maybe tomorrow, if I have time.I'll only do a thread on Serviced apartments in Bangkok so that the thread is very clear and simple. Then you guys can title the other threads that you would like to start and keep track of those threads.So, we can each keep track of our own threads and then top them off when they start to get lost in the system. That way, we'll keep them current and posters will have regular access to them. Since I'm scheduled to be in Bangkok for a three week vacation in Dec/Jan 2005/2006, I should be able to hit a lot of serviced apartments in a three-week time period. I won't have anything else to do all day, but sit in the swimming pool, go to the gym,get massages, and shop. So, I might as well put in some real work...and running around BK in the heat looking at serviced apartments is REAL work. I'll take my moveandstay.com list and have my Thai friend put the serviced apartments in order according to area and then I'll just run around and check them out.Oh, I just looked up the price of the apartment I'll have...in December/January...on the moveandstay.com website and their price is 6,500 baht per day. I negotiated 4,950 Baht per day by talking directly with the sales manager when I was in Bangkok.If you decide you want to stay in a serviced apartment, I think it's a good idea while in BK on vacation to find the apartment and negotiate a rate for your NEXT trip to Bangkok. Get it in writing. That's what I did and that's why the Nov 01st rent increase will not affect me. Happy Travels!

rhkkmk Sep 13th, 2005 06:32 PM

we looked at centre point silom, marriott mayfair and centre point luang suan (the last two are across the street from each other and near chateau, i think)

oakwood has been suggested as a good one to look at as well, but i have not done so...