My husband and I are heading to Japan for the first time in October (yay). We're thinking of taking a trip to Maze for a night at Maruhachi Ryokan.
Have any of you heard anything about Maruhachi or stayed there?
They don't have a website. We made our decision to go on slightly scanty information - a few articles (This one: http://www.sharing-plates.com/2013/12/one-night-in-a-mountain-ryokan-in-maze-japan/
in particular by Rebecca Milner who also writes for Lonely Planet & seems to have good ideas), and a (very) few mentions we'd found online.
Something about it is just really appealing to us, but our trip isn't that long & I'd like to be sure we're not planning around bad information. Going on a feeling and a nice article could be fine, but if anyone has been there or has insight we'd love to hear it!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 2 Trekking outside Sapa
- 3 Internet in SE Asia
- 4 The reasons why you should travel to Cambodia immediately [Part 1]
- 5 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 6 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 7 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 8 need your help with japan itinerary
- 9 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 12 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 13 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 14 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 15 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 16 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 17 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 18 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 19 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 20 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 21 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 22 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 23 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 24 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 25 Vietnam April 5 - 16