March 2008 trip to China with Odysseys Unlimited

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So many helped us with our trip to France in May, now I need help/opinions with our recently booked trip with OU to China and the Yangtze in March 2008....please! What type of clothing do we take/need? Has anyone travelled with OU on this tour in 2007 what were your experiences? Good or bad? How are the hotels OU uses? This is the 1st time to China...leaving from LA....tips about the flights...overseas, as well as within China. All help about everything would sure be appreciated.
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 07:10 AM

We are leaving in a month for the 23 day Depth in China tour with Odysseys Unlimited. It is our first time with this tour group. I can give you a report when we get back. It looks like a really good trip.
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks...we'll look forward to reading about your trip.
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 04:00 AM

We just returned from the 23 day China in Depth tour with Odysseys Unlimited. It was our first trip to Asia...we normally travel in Europe independently or with Rick Steves. It was a good trip...fast paced. Our guide, Peter Wong, was outstanding. We had a local guide in each city. The hotels were all excellent with the exception of the one in Lijiang. It had a good location, but was very noisy and not as nice as the others. We took casual clothes. The weather was still quite warm so only a light jacket was needed. It will be much cooler when you are traveling in March. We traveled on China Eastern and the only problem we had with them was that our flight out of LAX was delayed 7 hours, and I felt they could have kept us informed better of what was happening. The trip on the Yangtze on Victoria Cruise line was very good. We would tour in the mornings and have the afternoons free on the boat. After we left the boat we didn't have anymore free time except for 2 hours in Lijiang and the last afternoon in Shanghai. It would have helped to have more breaks, as some of the days were quite long and tiring. There were 22 people in our group and with the exception of one were all in their 60's and 70's. We were told we would have 4 factory stops. However, the local guides said they had to have some stops too, or they would be penalized. I don't know if this is true, but some of their stops were not interesting and a waste of our time. The food was good. The buffets in the hotels were good as you had a variety to choose from. All in all it was a good trip. The 23 day trip is a little long, but we wanted to see everything. I met a woman in one of the hotels who was on the Odyssey tour you are taking, and she said everything had been excellent. If you have anymore questions please ask, and I will try and answer them.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 04:45 PM

tt for teacup 123456.