Manila Travel Info Please

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:09 PM
bill

Manila Travel Info Please

Hi,

I will be traveling to Manila later this year. Does anyone know if www.planetholiday.com is a reputable travel site. I can get a good rate at a Makati hotel through them.

Also, does anyone know if the following are good travel sites/travel agents for air/hotel reservations:

Vantage Travel

Angel Travel

www.asiatravel.com

Inter-Pacific Travel Service, Inc. (Ill.)

www.saftravel.com

www.inandi.com

Also, does anyone have any comments on the following hotels/condotels:

Inter-continental
New World Renaissance
Mandarin Oriental
Discovery Suites
BSA Mansion
Oakwood Makati

Lastly, can anyone recommend good day trips from Metro Manila during the rainy season? I heard good things about Tagtaytay, Villa Escudero, and Pagsanjan Falls.

Thank you for the assistance. Sorry for the number of questions and length of the e-mail.

Mabuhay!

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 05:43 AM
Eugene

Your best bet if you like your hotel to be elegant and quite relaxing. Is the Mandarin. I always said they were a better hotel. If you want another one that is in that price range($85-120) go to the Manila Penninsula Hotel.

Tagaytay is very nice especially if you want to stay at the Residence inn where they have their own Mini-Zoo, but don't forget to visit Los banos, its a resort where one likes bathing in a hot sulfuric bath..located at the foot of Mt Makiling in laguna. Also try Hidden Valley, also, the beaches of Batangas which is a good two to three hours away.

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 03:29 PM
noel

Mandarin Hotel is best for its guite and elegant hotel. Very good personal service and feels like visiting your millionaire grandma's mansion with maids and butler's greeting you on your entrace to the lobby. The hotel has best music lounge in Manila.

Tagaytay is a good choice for out of town sightseeing.

Have fun!

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 03:57 PM
carolsbnb

Hope you haven't left yet?! In anycase, just thought i'd let you know about Carol's Bed and Breakfats - clean accomodations with western-style ammenities. visit www.galaxi.ca/carols/

or email us.
Cheers,
Melissa.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 06:14 AM
James

I used www.Planetholiday.com for a two night stay in Thailand and had no problem.....They've been around for awhile...