Mandalay accommodation & airport taxi

Oct 9th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Original Poster

Mandalay accommodation & airport taxi

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to finalise an intinerary for March '13 which may involve staying 1 night in Mandalay and then flying to Yangon.

I'm looking for a clean mid-range hotel/gh - any suggestions would be very welcome. I've heard good things about the Silver Swan Hotel.

Also, what's the travel time and price by taxi to Mandalay airport please (as far as I know there's no public transport that plies this route?) I know it's a long way from the city.

Thanks in advance!

Sarah
Oct 9th, 2012, 05:22 AM

Sarah, it's an hour to the airport from the city. Sorry, I don't know the price. Are you taking the new Air Asia flight from Bangkok to Mandalay?
Oct 9th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Hi Kathie,
Thanks for your reply. We'll be making our way back to Yangon after (hopefully) trekking around Hsipaw/Kyaukme.
I'd like to take the train from Kyaukme to Pyin U Lwin, and was planning to take the overnight bus to Yangon from there, but have such miserable memories of every overnight bus journey I've ever taken (quite at few!!) that I don't think I can face it, especially as after 1 night in Yangon we want to take the overnight ferry to Mawlamyine - gluttons for punishment or what!

Search this Thread