Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Maldives - experience at Kurumba Resort and diving?
Notices

Maldives - experience at Kurumba Resort and diving?

Aug 31st, 2012, 03:12 AM
Original Poster

Maldives - experience at Kurumba Resort and diving?

Hi! My husband and I made an impulse buy at a travel show and booked a four-night stay at the Kurumba without having done any research. Now, having read more about it, I'm worried that Kurumba is too close to Male.

It is our first trip to the Maldives and our only focus is diving, as we keep hearing how great it is. We have dived a fair amount around Southeast Asia and are really looking forward to the Maldives experience. I assume the location of the resort doesn't matter as much because the dive boats will get us to the popular dive sites, correct?

I read that there is an on-site dive shop at Kurumba, which is a plus. Other than that, has anyone stayed and dived at Kurumba? How was it?

Thank you for sharing any reviews!!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Hi Bruce, thank you for your assurance that Kurumba is a fine resort and that the diving should be superb. I took a look at your website and really appreciate the work you've put in to review so many hotels!!

I do have one more question ... in general, do you think a meal plan (be is half- or full-board) is a good idea? We are vegetarians, so maybe going a la carte makes more sense for us?

Thanks again for your advice!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:18 AM

I love Maldives for the very reason that it offers one of world's best snorkelling sites. And as for the meal part, undoubtedly a la carte
Sep 20th, 2012, 03:27 AM

All resorts usually offer excursions, as well. You may wanna go island hopping, and experience some local islands close by Mirihi, or stop by a deserted island for a relaxed BBQ lunch or dinner, and so much more.

All in all, the Maldives has a lot to offer, most guests are surprised how quick time flies by, while you're enjoying yourself thoroughly with all the activities on offer!

Search this Thread