My husband and I are considering taking a trip -- about two weeks in length -- to Singapore and Malaysia in mid-February. I've been doing a bunch of research for the trip, and am now completely overwhelmed by the variety of possible destinations and itineraries! I'd be most greatful for your advice.
Here's what we're interested in: we're foodies who like cities and urban life, nature, hiking, biking, visiting ruins and experiencing local culture. We're not beach people; I mean, we like beach-y places, as long as there's more to do than just sit around and drink. We don't dive or snorkel. I am particularly fond of monkeys and elephants.
At the time of the trip, we'll have completed about 9 months of our 2 year assignment with the US gov't in Afghanistan. We're restricted to living/eating/spending leisure time on the Embassy compound in Kabul; we're already suffering from some serious cabin fever and restaurant withdrawal! So we want to use our vacation to get in some city time (food, shopping, civilization), and some nature time (green places, animals, a chance to stretch our legs).
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://healthexpertproduct.com/royal-kiraz/
- 2 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 3 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 4 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 8 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 9 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 10 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 11 Wat Arun
- 12 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 13 Miyajima Island
- 14 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 15 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 16 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 17 Vientiane to LP December
- 18 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 19 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 20 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 21 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 22 5 days in Singapore
- 23 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 24 Shanghai in January
- 25 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do