Villa Santi Hotel in Luang Prabang

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Villa Santi Hotel in Luang Prabang

Does anybody have recent experience with the Villa Santi Hotel in Luang Prabang? (the hotel, not the resort). I booked a room via their website, and sent them e-mail requesting an airport transfer, but have not received any replies. I did receive confirmation of my hotel booking, but nothing about the transfer.

Given their lack of responsiveness to several e-mails, I'm a bit concerned. I tried using their e-mail address and using the form on their website. I'd rather not have to incur the expense of a long distance call, so if anybody has any experience with this hotel or can suggest an alternative way of contacting them, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Is there a reason you feel you need a transfer? LP is tiny, and you can easily hire a car for a transfer at the airport for not much money.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:10 AM

i agree nwith kathie--if there is not a car for you just take a taxi for a few $$
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:56 AM

I stayed at the Villa Santi Hotel a while ago. Pros: The BEST location. Cons: the rooms are pretty shabby. Think of a 1940's hotel. I stayed in the "annex" across the alley, which I think is a better place to stay than the main house--nice gardens and terraces.

Responsiveness isn't their strong suit, even when you are standing directly in front of them, so don't worry about not hearing from them. They're there, they're just not being responsive.

The place is OK as long as you keep your expectations relatively low.

Here's a video of the monk procession in front of the hotel. Again, you cannot beat the location. http://photos.patpom.com/2297920
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Original Poster

The transfer is a free service provided by the hotel. I"m not concerned about getting from the airport to the hotel - I just wanted to take advantage of the services I'm paying for as part of the room price.

My concern is just about the general unresponsiveness of the hotel. If they're this unresponsive, then it makes me wonder about the general management and organization of the hotel. I've got a trip that hits Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand; and of all the places I've booked, they're the only ones who don't answer their e-mail.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:34 PM

Stayed at the Villa Santi about 15 years ago but was not impressed. If they are unresponsive, I would take that as an omen of poor service to come. It was a long time ago and I hope things have improved, but it was pretty down at heel. When last in LP it seems to be occupied by large tour groups.

When we were in LP more recently we have stayed at the 3 Nagas, a much nicer hotel and an even better position to watch the alms procession. It is however, quite expensive since it changed owners. The Apsara is close by but not on the main street but a very nice place to stay and a lot less expensive.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:34 AM

we looked into the rooms and were totally unimpressed.. consider a change of hotel.