Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Malaysia Pictures (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/malaysia-pictures-771302/)

laurieco Oct 31st, 2005 02:09 PM

Malaysia Pictures

The pictures from my trip are up and running. I put less than half up in order to spare evryone .

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8CaMmrFy2aMSg

Kathie Oct 31st, 2005 02:47 PM

Laurie, I just tried o view your photos, and was only able to see one - a lovely photo of the grounds of the E&O.

laurieco Oct 31st, 2005 03:00 PM

Kathie, I'll invite you through the site.

laurieco Oct 31st, 2005 03:05 PM

Oops! I just realized, there is only one picture up! The others are there, I just have to make sure I "share" them! I'll redo it and post again.

laurieco Oct 31st, 2005 03:08 PM

Okay, I only had one checked off when I first posted this. Now, the entire album is up (I hope!)

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8CaMmrFy2aMTk

laurieco Oct 31st, 2005 03:10 PM

Kathie, disregard the invite, there will only be the one picture in it.

kuranosuke Oct 31st, 2005 04:17 PM

laurie; great pics. penang pics brought back a few memories. did you have a chance to go to gurney drive? lots of hawker stands there.

loved erics pose in the living room, with a remote in his hand. classic.

Kathie Oct 31st, 2005 05:07 PM

Great photos, Laurie. I feel like I got a sample of what we'll see in Borneo. And Penang looks delightful (it's on my list). The views from the MO were really spectacular!

simpsonc510 Oct 31st, 2005 05:11 PM

Laurie
Thanks for sharing your great photos! I'll just have to get outa' BKK and see something new!! KL looks nice; and love the orangs!!! They are my favorite creatures.
Carol

rhkkmk Oct 31st, 2005 06:22 PM

the pics are excellent and all are so clear and well shot....nice job...thanks

bob

laurieco Nov 1st, 2005 03:04 AM

kuranosuke, I was very anxious to go to Gurney Drive hearing about the hawker food. The hawkers had been moved a few blocks away to a temporary site in order to do street repairs. The new site looked like a vacant lot or a parking lot. Only abour half the stalls were open. We walked around and looked at what was on offer but nothing looked appetizing, in fact, it looked awful and the surroundings were depressing. There was hardly anyone there. We decided to go to a restaurant instead.

hornbill Nov 1st, 2005 05:34 PM

laurieco

maybe i missed it but where is the grand white cat of kuching??) and thanks for including pics of the leech socks - i didnt know that was what it looked like!

MaryW Nov 1st, 2005 11:55 PM

Thank you Laurie. Combined with the wonderful report you gave the photos are really terrific.

laurieco Nov 2nd, 2005 03:09 AM

Hornbill, I didn't have my camera when I saw the Great Cat of Kuching so there is no picture of it.

hawaiiantraveler Nov 2nd, 2005 02:45 PM

laurieco
Great pics...looks like you guys had a good time. Love the dork picture(actually you looked great) lol.
Aloha!

laurieco Nov 2nd, 2005 04:04 PM

hawaiiantraveler, thanks. But I sure felt like a dork!