I am wanting to go backpacking for 5 weeks but I'm a little concerned with the weather.
Forgive me for asking such a simple question but for those that have been there in November will it rain all the time(like for a whole day)or are we talking about afternoon and evening downpours?
I've done a fair amount of research and fully understand the monsoon seasons and the effect they have on each side of Malaysia at the various times of the year but I'm still a bit unclear as to whether this is going to be a wash out and asking for trouble before I even get there. I know I can expect rain(heavy at that)as the climate is that way all year round which is not an issue to me(I actually love an excuse to sit and watch a good thunderstorm) but I would not want to spend 5 weeks under grey skies either.
I realise nobody can predict the weather but I don't want to write off planning a potentially good trip either. A few grey days I can handle, sun and storms perfect for me but if the likelihood is it will be dull and rainy generally(albeit very warm and humid) I'm wondering if I should pick somewhere else, reluctantly.
Unfortunately I can only go at this time of the year so I can't change my dates much even if I could. I did Thailand, Laos and Cambodia last year similar time so I don't want to duplicate my last trip so soon. Even though the weather there was perfect!
Concluding the East coast and Borneo are just asking for trouble in terms of rainfall(although I would quite happily fly internally and check it out all the same if the forecast looked favourable whilst on the ground in the country) and West is best this time of year for sun. So would a route kicking off in KL, heading to Penang then run along the West Coast and to a certain degree inland heading to Singapore then over into Indonesia be a reasonable rough idea for a route at this time of year?
Much appreciate any advice anyone can give.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 9 days in Japan in April
- 4 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 5 Question re. fees at BOM
- 6 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 7 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 8 Spa Bangkok
- 9 Internet in SE Asia
- 10 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 11 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 12 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 13 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 14 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 15 need your help with japan itinerary
- 16 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 17 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 18 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 19 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 20 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 21 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 22 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 23 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 24 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 25 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai