Maduzi Hotel - Exclusive Bangkok!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had lunch and a tour of this rather reclusive and exclusive hotel last weekend. If anyone is interested in a, cheapest room, 20,000 Baht/night ++, boutique hotel then let know and I'll comment.
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 05:40 AM

Hanuman, I'd love to hear your comments on it!
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 05:53 AM

Is it close to Asoke? I'm trying to figure out their mapping system.

Prices are higher than Mom Tri's Villa Royale on Phuket ... hmmm

Comments, please, hanuman.

Thanks!
Carol
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Carol, it's very close to the Asoke & Sukhumvit road junction - http://www.maduzihotel.com/download/map.jpg

It was a big birthday party for a friend and they closed the whole hotel for a day. The gates to the hotel are normally close to outsiders and walk-in guests so to enter you will have to have a prior reservation or are currently staying there. The "lobby" is more like a very cozy and posh living room with the finest furniture and as soon as you walk in the entrance, the first thing you see is a circular bar! On one side of the bar is the very lovely living room and on the other is the dining area which act as a library as well. The bathrooms in the lobby has the most striking and beautiful(a word which I don't normally use for something like this) urinal that I've ever used!

We saw all the room types they had and I was very impressed with the bed, very comfortable with ultra high count designer Egyptian cotton sheets. The furniture in the rooms were similar in quality to those in the lobby and they were top of the line European designer type. The bathrooms had overflow tubs with water coming out from the ceiling! All rooms have LCD TVs, DVD, Hi Fi sound system, multifunction fax/scanner/printer unit, espresso machine and super sound proofing with excellent a/c. The starting price for the rooms were higher than those stated on their web site but IMO they were way too high!

At the end of the party the owner discreetly told me that the hotel is available for sale and they "only" want 2 billion Baht for it. Anyone interested?
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 08:51 AM

It looks lovely (love those overflow bathtubs!), but way over priced. I'm guessing that the prices on the website are grand opening special prices (even they seem quite high).

A mere 2 billion baht to buy the hotel? Hanuman, you should do it! You can put up your Fodors friends when we come to visit.
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 09:05 AM

pook...let put a fund together and buy it exclusively for bkk GTG's...
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM

Great idea, Bob. I'll be there for EVERY GTG if you do that (smile).

Pook, you could give fodorites very special rates when we come to BKK. What do you think!

Carol

(the most beautiful urinal... ?????)
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 11:03 AM

I walk by the place on the way to the Long Table, which is at Column Residences. It is about 75 meters from there.
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

555 sure!