Reload this Page >

luxury ubud hotels, royal pita maha vs Viceroy vs hanging gardens

Notices

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going to bali in june and looking to stay in 2 luxury resorts in ubud area. Thought the Komanenka Bisma would be good choice for close to ubud, but can't decide between the hanging gardens, viceroy and royal pita maha for a hotel farther out from Ubud. Any suggestions, looking for spectacular views from the villa, a deluxe villa etc. Thanks

Also planning to stay at 4 seasons jimbaran bay. Any comments. Also any reason to also stay in Seminyak area. Thanks again glenn
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 06:42 PM

>>>Also planning to stay at 4 seasons jimbaran bay. Any comments.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM

Most everyone likes the Four Seasons Sayan so I'd add that to your list. I would also consider the renovated KupuKupu Barong and the new Samaya villas and Kayumanis. Samaya and Kayumanis are smaller properties, more like the Komens.

Personally, I think the Como Shambhala is the best of the lot for luxury and serenity. The focus is on health and wellness and you can partake in the complimentary activities or not.

All of these are in the same general area along the Ayung River, except the Hanging Gardens which is much further afield. It's also VERY vertically oriented, moreso than the others on your list. (KKB's property is also very steep.)

I’ve stayed at the Four Seasons Jimbaran several times and always enjoyed the ambience – lovely views, spacious villas, great spa, good restaurants. I don’t particularly like the Jimbaran areas, though. The bay is more like a cove, the beach is eroded and the sea is rocky. Other than the nearby seafood BBQ restaurants which are very popular, there aren’t a lot of choices.

I like Seminyak because of the long big-wave beach and accessibility to restaurants and shops. If you want to hibernate, however, the FS Jimbaran is a good place to do it.
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 03:30 PM

I spent a week at the Hanging Gardens in November and it was wonderful. Can't compare it to the others but I would NOT hesitate to go back there.
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 05:51 PM

in the north look at Matahari... quite lux and on the beach
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 06:25 PM

Another vote for the Four Seasons =Sayan in Ubud. The one night I was there in March was as wonderful as the 4 nights we stayed in 2002 in a Deluxe Room-not a suite.