Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Luxury Hotel at Orchard Road Area in Singapore (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/luxury-hotel-at-orchard-road-area-in-singapore-912231/)

borgo Nov 15th, 2011 05:23 AM

Luxury Hotel at Orchard Road Area in Singapore

Hi, My mom and I will be in Singapore 2nd week of January. It will be the final port of our cruise. I would like to know what the best Luxury Hotel would be in the Orchard Road area? I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Hanuman Nov 15th, 2011 05:32 AM

I like the Four Seasons but it's not on Orchard road. It is connected to the Hilton, which is on Orchard, by an A/C walkway.

Not too big and recently renovated.

marya_ Nov 15th, 2011 05:43 AM

Several years ago, we quite liked the Shangri-la which is on Orange Grove, off Orchard Road. I understand that they are undergoing a renovation though so you will likely want to look elsewhere.

I hope that you enjoy your cruise and stay in S'pore. Do let us know where you decide to stay.

Kathie Nov 15th, 2011 06:01 AM

Probably the Grand Hyatt, which is at Orchard and Scotts Roads, half a block off of Orchard Road.

In terms of location, I prefer the Fairmont.

galactus Nov 15th, 2011 10:41 AM

The Hilton Singapore on Orchard road is a good option as a luxury hotel in that area. My second choice would be as Kathie suggested, the Grand Hyatt.

I also find Goodwood Park and Royal Plaza on Scotts pretty decent though the latter might not be top-notch if you're looking for luxury.

KimJapan Nov 15th, 2011 11:24 AM

I've stayed at the Four Seasons and the Grand Hyatt. Liked both but the FS easily has an edge on service and feeling smaller and more personal.

qwovadis Nov 15th, 2011 12:50 PM

Raffles Hotel Singapore offers cosmopolitan elegance and ... sights of Arab Street and Chinatown and shopping at Raffles City shopping mall and Orchard Road.

www.raffles.com/en_ra/property/rhs

www.agoda.com www.asiarooms.com

betterbidding.com other 5 stars there

from $70 bidding priceline.com

borgo Nov 15th, 2011 03:46 PM

Thank you everyone for your replies. If the Four Seasons has been recently renovated, I will check that out. I also like the walkway area through the Hilton. I will also check out the Grand Hyatt. Thank you.

KimJapan Nov 15th, 2011 07:07 PM

Renovations at the FS completed in 2008.

Hanuman Nov 15th, 2011 07:22 PM

Our room, 1 bedroom suite, at the FS Singapore was renovated in 2010 so I believe that at least some were completed last year.

KimJapan Nov 15th, 2011 10:56 PM

Good to know!

borgo Nov 16th, 2011 01:53 AM

Is The Regent-A four seasons hotel different from the Four Seasons Hotel Singapore?

KimJapan Nov 16th, 2011 12:05 PM

Two different hotels, yes.

Bisbeee Nov 16th, 2011 08:14 PM

St. Regis was just a bit off Orchard. Very nice hotel.

AskOksena Nov 16th, 2011 10:39 PM

>>>Hi, My mom and I will be in Singapore 2nd week of January. It will be the final port of our cruise. I would like to know what the best Luxury Hotel would be in the Orchard Road area? I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.<<<

Warm greetings. Will always have the highest regards for the Four Seasons Singapore; fine suites / rooms, public venues and great staff and friends. (The hotel was my main SIN business travel property before acquiring a home in Singapore.)

Of late, the FS has been offering various promos, including "stay two nights, third evening free". More details via the hotel's website.

Wherever you stay, enjoy Singapore.

robert

marmot Nov 17th, 2011 01:15 PM

I'd choose between the Four Seasons and the St. Regis. The Four Seasons is smaller, more elegant, more understated. The St. Regis is newer, bigger and fancier (to me, somewhat glitzier). I'm a longtime FS fan.

Neither is right in the midst of the Orchard Road shopping area, but it's a short walk or taxi. Close to the botanical gardens too.

I wouldn't put the Regent in the same category, but it does have Iggy's, a great restaurant (at eye popping prices too).

bombasticlife Jan 3rd, 2012 02:27 PM

I've been to a number of luxury hotels (and restaurants) in Singapore. The St. Regis has to be my favorite. I have pictures and extensive reviews on Bombastic Life - http://www.bombasticlife.com

I have not been to the Four Seasons (yet) but will be there in a few weeks and will add the review and pictures later this month.