Search

Ideas wanted

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideas wanted

Hi everybody, maybe someone can give me ideas on what places to stay while in Thailand. My travel dates are from Friday May 30th 2015 to Saturday June 13th, 2015. I am traveling from San Francisco, a with my family, husband, son(21 years of age and my daughter 27th years of age. I would like to know if there is a great place where can enjoy staying at. Also, what places to visit. Also, to give you better info, I am arriving at Thailand's major airport. Any questions, le me know. So the trip is about two weeks total. Thanks
Also, what rental car company I can use . Thank you all
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 03:42 PM

Your post is very vague. What do you want to see?

Car hire places depend on location. Budget and Avis cover much of Thailand but local ones are cheaper.

2 weeks isnt much. Id pick 3 or 4 places tops depending upon interests.
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 05:37 PM

In Bangkok, stay at one of the hotels along the river. The river traffic is endlessly fascinating and the hotels on the river are very nice. Choose two other places to visit in Thailand, perhaps a beach and a location in the north. Do you have a guide book yet?

You likely don't want to rent a car in Thailand - certainly not in Bangkok. You could rent a car in the north or in one of the southern beach areas, but generally you are better off hiring a car and driveIt sounds like you need to do some research before we can be of much assistance.
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 11:23 AM

I stay along the river in a hotel near all of the action. Bangkok is a great city where you should take in all of the sites.
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 03:45 PM

look at the following hotels: anantara riverside, Shangri-La, peninsula, royal orchid Sheraton (least fav), chatrium riverside---all along the river

in town: plaza anthanee, Marriott sukhumvit park, renaissance, hyatt, emporium suites, Conrad, to anme just a few...

many of us hire tong to take us around... google her
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 06:13 PM

Schedule some time for bangkok, chiang mai, and the southern islands. If you want to get a glimpse of the thai culture, bangkok and chiang mai would be good. Unless you're looking for something less touristy and very natural, pranburi would be a great pick. It's around a 3 hr drive from bkk. I stayed at Aleenta Hua Hin last time, simple rustic style beach front villas, perfect for a getaway. But mainly for relaxing not wild parties. It really depends on what you're preferences are.
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your responses. It is really helpful to ask members of this forum for ideas. They all look so helpful. I feel this trip is going to be memorable!!
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 05:54 AM

For Bangkok stay on the river for part of your time and then in town for a few days as well. Another good hotel for in town is the Westin Sukhumvit- we stayed there a few years back and will do so again in November. Skytrain is out the front door, MRT is one block away and the Terminal 21 mall is across the street (good for many eating options)
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 03:26 AM

I agree totally with splitting your time in Bangkok. Do the river hotel first and then pick a hotel near shopping for your stay before going home. I would do Bangkok, then Chiang Mai, then beach, and then back to Bangkok before heading home. The Westin is a great choice. Your grown kids would really enjoy Terminal 21 shopping mall right next door.