Looking for travel partner for Friendly Planet's Myanmar trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friendly Planet is offering its Myanmar trip and I am interested in going on the March 23 departure. My boyfriend and none of my girlfriends are interested in going. The single supplement is $999.; much more than I am willing to pay. I am an active and upbeat 65 year old lady. If someone might like to share with me, please let me know. You can see the trip by clicking on this link: http://www.friendlyplanet.com/mystical-myanmar.html
or copying and pasting it.
These trips book up kind of fast and I have a $100. off coupon which each of us should be able to use. Thanks.
Feel free to email me at [email protected]
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 12:51 PM

Note that you will be traveling at the absolutely hottest time of the year. If you can wait until later, even July/August aren't quite as bad.

BTW, Myanmar is a remarkably easy country to travel independently. You just need a local agent to book your flights and hotels. It is the safest country I've ever traveled in.
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 12:53 PM

Yipes! The single supplement is $999! That is simply silly. Book independently, spend less, get better hotels and spend the time you want at each place.
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Kathie,
The trip is only offered from March through May. I don't care to do the trip entirely alone. And I disagree that I would be able to do it more cheaply and see as much as I would with the group trip, including the internal flights. I have traveled with this company before and have been astounded at how they can offer as much as they do, for as little money as they charge. It is just the single supplement which has really spiked.
Lorraine
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 07:35 PM

It sounds like you know what to expect from this company. I hope you enjoy your trip to Burma.