Sorry if this ends up ranting and is a long post, or if I'm offensive in any way....
I've always wanted to visit Japan, I love everything I've heard/seen of Japan in the United States. The food, the culture, the people, the sights. I just want to go so bad, and have wanted to for as long as I can remember.
I've only slightly been out of the country once on a cruise, so if possible I've a few questions, or maybe just a guide I'm probably looking for would suffice...
People going: 2(boyfriend/girlfriend)
Time: 2 weeks
Where we live: Raleigh/Durham North Carolina(airport RDU)
We aren't rich/well off at all(but we're okay!), but I want to save for a year and go and we can do that for sure.
Ages: 27 and 29
So here is the part where I don't know what else to say as I don't know....Questions below.
1. What time of year should we go?
2. Where should we go? I'm guessing the airport we need to get to is Tokyo? I think there are two, so which is it?
3. About how much is it usually or should I expect to pay for 2 round trip tickets from the US to Japan? Unfortunately living in RDU, I'm sure there are no direct flights or anything remotely close to that so I know it will be a bit more pricier.
4. How much Japanese as far as language/writing should I know? I want to get one of those rosetta stone courses for Japanese and run through it over the course of a year with the girlfriend, should be fun too!
5. How are the prices for food/fun/etc over there?
6. I hear the JR or subway train thingy is the best way to travel around. Is that the case for anywhere I'd really like to go? Or is a cab needed sometime?
7. I saw someone mention a ryokan as a place to stay, not sure if that's the same kind of concept as a Hotel/Motel or not, but is that what I'm looking for? I definitely want to stay somewhere nice, not 300$ a night nice, but not 49.99$ and rats nice
8. If anyone has ever traveled two weeks on somewhat of a budget, any advice for the amount of money to carry along?
9. I'm very ignorant and apparently slow, so I'm not sure how the currency would work...do I just exchange dollars for Yen?
10. What is your(the people helping me )'s favorite thing to do in any place in Japan, or favorite sight...something that you have a very fond memory of....
11. I think that's all for now, I'm sure I'll think of more,but I realize this is a ridiculous amount of work for some nice people to assist with as it is.
Any answers/help are more than greatly appreciated. Thank you thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AVIRA @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation renewal CONTACT AVIRA Tec* h 24/7
- 2 tinnitus
- 3 Internet in SE Asia
- 4 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 5 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 6 6 Days in Thailand
- 7 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 8 Wat Arun
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 9 days in Japan in April
- 12 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 13 Question re. fees at BOM
- 14 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 15 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 16 Spa Bangkok
- 17 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 18 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 19 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 20 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 21 need your help with japan itinerary
- 22 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 23 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 24 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 25 4 DAYS in KERALA...