Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Limosine Bus From Narita Airport to Tokyo

May 15th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

If I want to take the Limosine Bus from Narita airport to Tokyo, do I need to purchase the ticket in advance, or can I buy the ticket when I get to Narita airport?

Also, when I need to go from the hotel back to Narita airport via the Limosine Bus, where do I buy the ticket?

Thanks
May 15th, 2004, 06:10 AM

You cannot reserve tickets in advance for buses from Narita (as your flight may be delayed, etc).

Check out this website:

www.limousinebus.co.jp/e/index.html

There is a phone number to make reservations on the return trip. +81-3-3665-7220. I guess you can also make the reservation when you buy your tickets at the airport for the Narita-Tokyo trip.
May 15th, 2004, 08:13 AM

You will easilly find a bus ticket counter just outside the custom and can buy a ticket there. Resevation is not required. Don't worry.

But returing to NRT is slightly different.
Depending on depature bus stop you use, you may need reservation one day before you depart. Resevationist will tell you where to buy returning ticket.

Travel time to NRT from downtown Tokyo is different where you start and traffic condition of the day, so you should be careful.
May 15th, 2004, 09:04 AM

Used the Limosine Bus from Narita to Tokyo last Dec. Highly recommended.

Didn't need a reservation. Once you've cleared customs, just purchase the ticket at the ticket counter and they will direct you to the correct bus stop.

At the bus stop, line your luggage with the rest of the waiting passengers at the curb and when the bus arrives, the porters there would tag it and load it onto the bus for you. Very efficient.

Comfortable ride.
May 15th, 2004, 09:16 AM

Depending on where you are staying in Tokyo, you may be able to purchase your return ticket at your hotel. If not, they can certainly assist you.
May 15th, 2004, 03:57 PM

just to the limo bus last week to ana hotel tokyo. cost 3000yen or a little less than us$30. dollar good now in jp, around 114y to dollar. not all the hotels are on the route for the limo bus, so you should find out if the bus stops at your hotel. if not, find the one stop that is closest to your hotel, and take a cab from there. thats what i did, and the cab fare was $14. very quick and easy. be sure to ck the return sked, as not all are convinient to your sked, so you might have to make some adjustment. good luck.
May 16th, 2004, 07:42 AM

So would you guys say the Limo Bus is preferred of the Narita train service? I'm do to fly out in about 11 days and my hotel is recommending the Limo Bus to the Ana Hotel and for me to take a cab from there. Does the Limo Bus service accept CC at the ticket desk or are ATMs readily avialable at the airport to get some yen? I'm thinking that we better get some yen as soon as we land in Narita for the taxi that we'll need.
May 16th, 2004, 07:53 PM

Limo bus will be good choice because you don't have to carry heavy luggage for long time during your way to hotels. Train stations usually have many stairs, and you may have to transfer several times to get to your destination hotel.

Major Credit Cards are accepted at Narita bus TKT desk and also you can find ATM's in th airport.
May 17th, 2004, 06:16 AM

Limo booking counter at Narita will take credit cards, but the taxi in Tokyo won't, so you should change money at Narita. Every time I have booked the limo bus I have had a short wait before my bus time -- enough to find an ATM and use it.