Limos from New BKK airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i received a message from AAC Limo today about the new prices for travel to and from the aiport and the center city and more specifically to the marriott on the other side of the river...

BAD NEWS...

the price is 1350B each way with a 10% discount for roundtrips....this is almost double the cost to the old airport....UGH!!!

i also asked them about timing and they said that it will be a 1 to 1.5 hour trip from the airport to the central city.... double UGH!!!

the person who wrote the e mail did not write it well, but suggested that there will be a new fare policy but did not say when, and also said that they have tons of reps at the airport to greet people....this was in response to my question about where their new desk is located....i am guessing that each pick-up will be a personalized one by a rep????

so this is not good news for those of us who use the limos frequently....
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 05:52 AM

Bob, thanks for the update. Someone recently posted a link to a Bangkok Post article that said the limo and taxi fares would double for the new airport. Sounda like they are right!
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 09:21 AM

I guess no-one can really answer this yet but....in the past I have just got a limo when I arrived at the airport not pre booked it. I had been planning on doing this in late Oct when we arrive assuming this is still a viable option at the new airport???
Happy travels all
J
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

i'm sure you will be able to do that...but if you know you want one, why not make an advance res???
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 09:34 AM

I've booked a room at the Novotel for the night before my flight, just to eliminate the stress of getting to the new airport on time for an early departure. I don't plan to take a limo to the hotel, and I will probably take a taxi -- but I see that there will be a bus running between the On Nut skytrain station and the airport. It seems that using the skytrain for part of the trip would cut down on travel time considerably for those of us who travel with a minimal amount of luggage. Does anyone know anything about the bus service?
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 09:38 AM

I kind of figured it would be high. Last Sunday, when I went to the airport from my apartment building it only cost me 400Baht for the first toll...which was very near the building...200 baht for the second toll...and 189 baht for the fare...and it took less than 25 minutes to get to the airport. I took a regular taxi. The limo service that my apartment building offers charges 1400baht for a Mercedes pick up/delivery. When the new airport opens, I'll probably have to pay for a taxi what is the current fare of a private limo service. Happy Travels!
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 09:41 AM

No, I don't know anything about the bus service...but I was just thinking too about taking the skytrain part of the way and especially when the extension is finished...past On Nut...in 2009. I stay at the Prom Phong skytrain station area so it might work out to be very convenient to taxi part of the way and skytrain it the rest. Happy Travels!
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 03:02 PM

Are the international flights (Eva Airways , Thai airways and Air Asia all from the same (new) Bangkok airport – Suvarnabhumi or are there two airports?

Also if I leave San Francisco 1:30 am on the Thursday and arrive 11.05 am in Bangkok after 13 hours and 20 mins to Taiwan and 19 hours 35 mins to Bangkok with only 2hours 40 mins inbetween flights. Will this be Friday or Saturday?

Thank you for any help-Confused!
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 03:20 PM

should be friday.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 04:22 PM

Wendy,

We're on EVA from LAX to BKK, same routing.

If you leave SFO Thursday early morning (just after midnight Wednesday) you will arrive FRIDAY morning in Bangkok. If you leave SFO Friday early morning morning (just after midnight Thursday) you will arrive on SATURDAY. Hope this helps clear up the confusion.
Have a great time!!
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 04:35 PM

Wendy, once the new airport opens, ALL flights will use that airport.

Guen, the article from the Bangkok Post said taxi fares will to/from the new airport will double the current fares...
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 04:55 PM

on our last trip to bkk, at the old airport, the immigration processing was a mess. gone were the uniformed officers and in their place young girls who were, to put it bluntly, disinterested in doing the intake quickly. and noon ever came out to open new desks as they always have before! it took 1.5 hours to just get thru immigration.

i take it they are closing down for the new airport.

frankly for all the money they have spent on the new (old) dong muong airport, along with the double decker highway, this move to somewhere closer to pattaya doesnt sound like a bright idea (that is if they are at all interested in the convenience of tourists).
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 06:43 PM

"400Baht for the first toll...which was very near the building...200 baht for the second toll."

Surely you mean 40 Baht and 20 Baht?
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 06:57 PM

Yeah, I meant 40 baht and 20 baht...was typing fast and accidentally added a"0". Happy Travels!
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 03:39 AM

Timing-wise, I expect you will generally be able to get into the city faster from the new airport than the old. THere are actually many more ways to get into the city from the new place than there ever was from the old. THe travel time posted in the the original message sounds much the same as what a good transfer service will tell you from the old airport. THe only people that ever claimed you could get from the airport to the hotel in 20 minutes was the hotels.
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

good point michael....any idea why the fare is going to be about double??
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 09:45 AM

I don't see how the taxi fare can increase that much. Since the distance into the city is only a few kms more the meter rate will still apply, plus 50 baht airport fee and the tolls. What will really annoy visitors is getting a taxi, especially when arriving with all the other plane loads of people around mid-night. Once you collect you bags you drag them to the shuttle bus, wait in line, on to the bus for the 10 minute ride to the taxi terminal, drag them off the bus and then wait in the taxi lineup. I estimate that this will add over 30 minutes extra in getting to your hotel. I think that in a while, after dealing with irate tourists complaints, they will move the taxi stands back to the front of the arrivals area.
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 09:56 AM

Has anyone taken a bus from the airport into the city? I am wondering how easy it is, how long it takes, and bus fare. Thanks!
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

peebles...the airport is not yet open, so i suspect no one on this forum has done it
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 07:07 PM

Yes RHKKMK, isn't it asbit soon to be worrying about fares and things from the new airport which is not scheduled to open until 28th September, and will more than likely be behind schedule.

I know that my next trip(s) to Thailand will take me to Phuket airport until I can see that things have settled properly up north.

Harzer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -