We have a tour scheduled for this that includes going up in the cable car to the top at 15,000 ft....DH has a problem with high altitudes, so I believe we want to change this. I can't seem to find info about alternative ways to explore JDSM...apparently there are two meadows that are at lower altitudes that we could go hiking in (Yak and ?) Do you take a different cable car to reach those? Coming from Lijiang, are they farther to reach? I'm thinking maybe we just take in the Impressions show from the park to get the feef for the mountain.
Would we be missing a great experience if we don't take the cable car to the top? I've read that it's very crowded and you could wait in line for an hour to go up (we'd be going in the afternoon, which I guess is better). And, frankly, we've been on top of many mountains and generally are not that excited about bare rock and freezing, windy temps. But, perhaps the scenery from up there makes it worth it. Gotta love the name of the mountain though.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 2 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 3 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 4 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 5 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 6 8 Days in Bali
- 7 two health related questions
- 8 Princess Cruise
- 9 Best day trip from Phuket
- 10 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 11 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 12 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 13 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 14 Kata Beach
- 15 Sulawesi
- 16 meow?
- 17 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 18 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 19 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 20 Phuket
- 21 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 22 Bangkok - Suggestions ??
- 23 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 24 Going to France - Should I Learn French?
- 25 36 Hours in Manila with a Baby and Seeking Hotel Recommendations