Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Lcuy is off to Asia! (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/lcuy-is-off-to-asia-356408/)

lcuy May 7th, 2008 10:26 AM

Lcuy is off to Asia!

All my bags are packed;
I'm ready to go....

Actually, they're packed, but I don't know if I'm ready to go. I'll be gone for a full month, yet I refuse to carry heavy bags, so I probably forgot something. Thats okay -- gives me a reason to shop!

This will be a complicated trip. Today I fly Honolulu- Narita- Singapore. Three days in S'pore, then daughter and I fly to Delhi. We'll be visiting Udaipur, Varanasi, Agra, and Delhi by a combination fo planes, trains and auto, then flying back to S'pore.

There we'll meet up with five women from Hawaii, including Fodorites MelissaHi and Mari808.

We'll work our way up Malaysia to KL and Penang, then head to Vietnam for 4 days of bicycling in the Mekong Delta, and severeal days in Saigon for visiting, eating, and cooking classes! Our group may look odd as we range in age from 20 to 77, but we all love travel, food, and crazy adventures.

I raise my glass to Mari for doing the bulk of the planning and prep. I'll raise a hairdryer to Mels for taking on the Singapore activities, and thank all my clients and my husband for helping me pay for this!!

Don't know how much Internet access I'll find along the way, so I'll say aloha for now.

I'll miss you all!

wj1 May 7th, 2008 10:46 AM

Have a great trip!!

I can't wait for your trip report as your others have been enjoyable and helpful for my trip to India in February. Keep good notes on Rashmi's Guest House as we're also planning to stay there.

Kathie May 7th, 2008 10:57 AM

Lcuy, have a wonderful time! I know you will. What a great variety of places you'll be and things you'll do, see and eat! I look forwars to your reports.

Craig May 7th, 2008 11:14 AM

Have a great trip, Lcuy. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Marija May 7th, 2008 11:18 AM

Have a great trip! Stay cool, it's 109 in New Delhi today...

Shanghainese May 7th, 2008 11:23 AM

Lcuy -- have a fantastic trip! How lucky you are to have a full month, with your DD , fun Fodorites and other women.

Aloha!

Guenmai May 7th, 2008 12:01 PM

Have a ball Lucy! Happy Travels!

filmwill May 7th, 2008 12:25 PM

Go paint the town, Lucy (all of 'em!)

Can't wait to read up on your travels!

simpsonc510 May 7th, 2008 12:53 PM

Have a wonderful time!! Will you run into rhkkmk as they are in SEAsia until sometime in June? I don't know if your itineraries intersect at all.
Aloha, and see you in HNL in Sept.
Carol

FromDC May 7th, 2008 12:55 PM

Have a fantastic trip...can't wait to read about it

hawaiiantraveler May 7th, 2008 01:01 PM

Wow sounds like fun. Take notes and tell us all about it when you get back :)

ps Thanks for the "cure".....it works!

Aloha!

Gpanda May 7th, 2008 01:08 PM

Have a great time.

When are you in Singapore? beth and I will be there from June 5 and 6. Does this match?

laurieco May 7th, 2008 01:19 PM

Lucy, have a blast!

annabelle2 May 7th, 2008 01:21 PM

Icuy, what a trip.

I don't usually post on the Asia forum since I haven't traveled anywhere in Asia in some time (but spent my 'formative years' living and traveling around Asia).

You are hitting some of my favorite places - thinking of Varanasi and Penang in particular. Varanasi - so intense, it's imprinted in my soul.

Have a fabulous trip!

marya_ May 7th, 2008 02:12 PM

What sensational plans and how lucky your daughter is. Have a wonderful trip!

marksfour May 7th, 2008 02:17 PM

Gyotaku when you get back! Hugs to DD :)

KimJapan May 7th, 2008 02:49 PM

Enjoy! Sounds like a great trip!

bmttokyo May 7th, 2008 03:31 PM

Lcuy,

Be well Lucy ! I'll work out my schedule so we can meet up for our Sento & Unagi date on June 8th.

Can't wait to hear about your travels.

Blessings as you go.......

TravelTwiddle May 7th, 2008 07:02 PM

Good to know your group is trailing west coast KL-Penang corridor. If you're stopping by Ipoh my hometown, you bet there'll be lots of crazy adventures, rainforest, cave temples ... etc. Don't forget to make pitstop at Cameron Highlands, Taiping and Pangkor island. Email me if you need insider pointers.

KMLoke May 7th, 2008 08:00 PM

Have a great trip!