Last night hotel in BKK

Sep 17th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Original Poster

Last night hotel in BKK

Due to our forced rescheduling of flights. We now have an extra night in BKK at the end of our trip. We are stayin 6 nights at the Penninsula at the beginning of the trip so are looking for suggestions for a Hotel not on the river and in a different part of town.Want a great experience for our last night in Land of Smiles. Have been looking at Metropolitan, Four seasons, Sukhothai. Any advice on these or others appreciated.
Sep 17th, 2006, 01:13 AM

I kknow that the Four Seasons gets excellent reviews. We're debating now between that, the Pen (where we've stayed 3 times before) for our next visit. At the Four Seasons, do look at their cabana rooms and suites...they are supposed to be very special.
Sep 17th, 2006, 04:10 AM

Excellent idea to split your visit into 2 parts of town. The FS would be my choice among those you mention, mostly because it has a more convenient location: right at a SkyTrain station, and a 5-minute walk to upscale shopping (Gaysorn and Erawan).

I had planned to stay at the Met on a recent trip but changed plans. I was especially attracted by the contemporary design, and the reports of excellent dining and spa at the hotel; I still hope to stay there at some point. The Sathorn location, however, seems not the most convenient.

If I had the extra night as you have, I might also try to stay at least nights at the 2nd hotel. I often find that it takes me the better part of a full day to get my bearings in a new place.
Sep 17th, 2006, 06:54 AM

intercontinental might be another more 'old world' suggestion....

hyatt and conrad are also good suggestions....

it will be hard to surpass you penn experience....

i would find the sathorn/silom locations a bit remote....i guess i might tailor my last nites' stay to where i wanted to have dinner that nite so as to make it very convenient and also for easy access to the highways for the airport run the next day....
Sep 17th, 2006, 08:41 AM

I'm a stay by the river person, but in your position, I'd opt for the Four Seasons.
Sep 17th, 2006, 08:51 AM

Sukhothai! Go for a real Thai feel