Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 2 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 3 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 4 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 Wat Arun
- 7 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 8 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 9 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 10 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 11 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 12 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 13 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 14 Vientiane to LP December
- 15 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 16 5 days in Singapore
- 17 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 18 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 19 Shanghai in January
- 20 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 21 Myanmar tour companies
- 22 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 23 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 24 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 25 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?