Langkawi - Pelangi Beach Resort

Sep 26th, 2002, 03:31 PM
John

Langkawi - Pelangi Beach Resort

Wife and I are travelling from UK to Adelaide in January and planning to take a beach holiday in Langkawi on the return leg. Searching through the UK travel books the Pelangi Beach Resort look attractive. Anyone been there recently who could help us make up our minds.

Sep 26th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Kat

Type "Pelangi" in the search box above and you'll see lots of info.

Sep 27th, 2002, 01:58 AM
Carrie

I stayed in Pelangi Beach Resort a few years ago. I enjoyed my stay there. It is quite close to the airport but it is not noisy. You can see the planes in and out of Langkawi, albeit a few flights a day. The only downside of Pelangi Beach Resort is the muddy sea water. The four rooms cottages are almost right on the beach, go for those, but if you do ask for the upstair room as the cottage floors are made of wood it can noisy if the occupant upstair is a bit heavy footed.

I don't know if the two restaurants, Bonton and Manis Manis nearby are still there, I had very good meals there. Bonton is a local gallery cum restaurant serving fusion Malaysian food, the restaurant is right on the beach, you can actually hear the wave rushing to shore. On a moonlit night, it is incredibly romantic. Enjoy your trip to Langkawi.

Sep 27th, 2002, 08:13 PM
bob

bonton is just fantastic...we went there a couple of years ago and loved it...we stayed at the out of town sheraton...large and a bit difficult to get around but very pleasant overall...bonton is a branch of a restaurant in KL...run by austrailians

Search this Thread