Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Ladies: Pedicure At/Near Centre Point Silom? (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/ladies-pedicure-at-near-centre-point-silom-586940/)

eurotraveller Jan 31st, 2006 10:53 AM

Ladies: Pedicure At/Near Centre Point Silom?

Hi ladies! I was considering getting a pedicure before my trip but I decided that the day I arrive in Bangkok from the USA might be a good day to have that done.

We are staying at the Centre Point Silom near the river (close to all the river hotels but inland a block or two).

Can someone recommend a place to have my piggies pampered and painted?

Thanks!

Tamara

Kathie Jan 31st, 2006 11:37 AM

Gloria has posted in the past about a beauty salon (not spa) at the Oriental or Oriental Place that does fabulous pedicures inexpensively. I hope she'll respond with all the details.

travelmom13 Jan 31st, 2006 08:24 PM

Tamara-

I saw you question and was thinking the same thing. I need a good pedicure pretty bad!
I checked on the info and it looks like Gloria says to get pedicures are the Oriental in the beauty salon and not the spa.

This poster below says to go to a place right across from the Oriental.

Author: Elainee
Date: 12/06/2004, 11:35 am
Pedicure at the beauty parlor in the shopping area of the Oriental Hotel across the parking lot from the main entrance. Not expensive and worth going to Bangkok just for it.

Best of luck! Maybe I'll see you there! We leave in 6 days!!

By the way, did you ever get a hold of Ron?

eurotraveller Feb 1st, 2006 04:38 PM

travelmom, Ron never got back to me.

What is your itinerarly tm? Maybe our paths will cross!

We leave in 48 hours!!

glorialf Feb 1st, 2006 05:03 PM

Elaine is talking about the same place I went -- in the beauty parlor across the driveway of the Oriental. They are NOT fabulous pedicures but fine and cheap. They also do very good no frills massages. And do good things with hair. I won't pay the prices at the Oriental spa any longer.

travelmom13 Feb 1st, 2006 09:05 PM

Thanks for the clairfication Gloria. when you say, "They are NOT fabulous pedicures"...what makes them not fabulous?

Euro- we leave Feb 6th and arrive the 8th. We are at the Penn for two nights. We do Face Spa and dinner 1st night, bike tour the 9th and bedsupper for dinner, floating market/ wat arun and jim thompson house etc. the 10th before we take off for Phuket for 7 days. Then back to BKK to do old capital, elephant preserve, weekend market, Peking Duck at Oriental, klong tour, flower/night market, and dinner at the Peninsula.

Quite packed...but tons of fun. What about you guys?

glorialf Feb 2nd, 2006 03:28 AM

I actually guess when I say they are not "fabulous" -- I mean they are not high tech and not in gorgeous settings. Nor do they use all kinds of fancy creams -- I think they used Nivea or someting as basic. Do they get the job done? Yes. Is it a unique experience you will be talking about, no. If I needed a pedicure again in Bangkok I would definitely return but that's because I'm not particularly into the spa type experiences or prices.

eurotraveller Feb 2nd, 2006 05:27 AM

Travelmom, we arrive on the 5th and depart BKK on the 8th so we will just miss you.

From there we will spend time on Ko Phi Phi, Railey, siem Reap and Chiang Mai before returning to BKK for our lst couple of nights on Feb. 24th.

Sorry we won't have a chance to meet up!

Have a fabulous tri[!

Danae Feb 2nd, 2006 08:27 AM

Hello. I am also staying at the Centre POint Silom in Feb. (the 11-18), and was wondering if anyone knew about the possibility of leg waxing type services anywhere around there? Do they do that in Bangkok? My schedule is crazy between now and next week when we leave, so I won't have time before then. Thank you!