I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 2 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 3 Internet in SE Asia
- 4 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 5 6 Days in Thailand
- 6 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 7 Wat Arun
- 8 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 9 9 days in Japan in April
- 10 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 11 Question re. fees at BOM
- 12 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 13 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 14 Spa Bangkok
- 15 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 16 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 17 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 18 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 19 need your help with japan itinerary
- 20 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 21 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 22 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 23 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 24 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 25 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa