Asia Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

  • Announcements:
  • Come explore the new Fodor’s Forum
    by ibobi Fodor's Editor | Posted on Dec 4, 17 at 08:03 PM
  • New Fodor’s forum -- coming soon!
    by ibobi Fodor's Editor | Posted on Nov 29, 17 at 08:01 PM
View all Asia activity »
  1. 1 Trip Report BROTHER Printer 1:888:482:3831 Contact Installations BROTHER Tec*h 24/7
  2. 2 YAHOO & Email 1888~260:2909 Password Reset Contact YAHOO Tec*h Care By Yes!
  3. 3 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
  4. 4 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
  5. 5 Trip Report RHK's Fall SEA Trip
  6. 6 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
  7. 7 Restaurants in Bangkok
  8. 8 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
  9. 9 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
  10. 10 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
  11. 11 Sulawesi
  12. 12 Racism danger in Cambodia?
  13. 13 8 Days in Bali
  14. 14 two health related questions
  15. 15 Princess Cruise
  16. 16 Best day trip from Phuket
  17. 17 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
  18. 18 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
  19. 19 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
  20. 20 Kata Beach
  21. 21 meow?
  22. 22 Trip Report Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
  23. 23 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
  24. 24 First time to Japan (This Month)
  25. 25 Phuket
View next 25 » Back to the top

Kurokawa from Kumamoto or Kagoshima

Jump to last reply

We are trying to decide if/how we should rearrange our Kyushu trip in October. As it stands now, we'll be starting in Kagoshima, spending one night before and after we go to Kurokawa. With the damage from the earthquake, we are trying to assess what makes the most sense. We planned on renting a car, but if we go from Kagoshima, I'm not sure it's worth paying the one way drop off surcharge

I know Mt. Aso is mostly closed (as of now) and some of the roads have been impacted. We also want to go to Takachiho Gorge.

I know our trip is six months off, but given the earthquake/volcanic activity, does it still make sense for us to keep this itinerary, or stay in Fukuoka and Nagasaki and take the ferry to Busan? We're flying in and out of KIX, so extra time on Honshu is an option too. (We'll be going to Kurashiki, Miyajima, Hiroshima, Kyoto (2nd time) and Osaka.)

Please advise. Thank you.

14 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement