Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Krabi to Phuket (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/krabi-to-phuket-462361/)

Griffie Jul 25th, 2004 06:28 PM

Krabi to Phuket

Can someone give advice on easiest way to get to Phuket from Krabi (there are five of us in the family). We're thinking of flying to Krabi, spend a few nights, then go to Phuket and fly back from Phuket. Leaving soon so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

nzers Jul 25th, 2004 11:16 PM

We have recently done this in reverse. Ferries leave daily to Phi Phi Island and I would recommend a night here as it is so beautiful and a daytrip doesn't do it justice. From Phi Phi there are twice daily ferries to Phuket - am & pm.

Alternatively, you can hire a minivan to take you - vehicle transport is advertised all over Ao Nang on the sidewalks - you will have no difficulty. Wait and see until you get there - it really becomes so much easier with your feet on the ground - so to speak....

Any more questions, just ask.

nzers

ps I have posted a trip report on another forum if you are interested:

www.travelforum.org/thailand/messages/49220.html & www.travelforum.org/thailand/messages/49221.html

Griffie Jul 26th, 2004 03:52 AM

Dear nzers,

I do see some info for the reverse trip from whatI'm looking for (i.e. Phuket to Krabi) and that's why I wondered if there was anything the other way. How recently were you in Krabi, what was the weather like? I'm trying to figure out whether it would be better to fly back from Phuket since there seems to be more flights to BKK from Phuket. I see a grea deal on BKKAIR to Krabi since it's low season right now but the return is so early (10:00). Any other advice would be great. THANKS.

JamesA Jul 26th, 2004 04:18 AM

There are ferry boats from Phuket Town to Krabi, or you can travel by road, takes about 2.5 hrs between Ao Nang area and Phuket west coast. There are certainly many more flights between Phuket and Bangkok, over 20 per day !. However you need to watch the weather if considoring the boat journey as from now on it's the monsoon season in Phuket and Krabi area so you need to keep a good check on weather to avoid getting stuck anywhere. Many people route to/from Krabi via Phuket Airport as the only flights into krabi are from Bangkok and Koh Samui(in season) and a few flights on Silk Air per week.

JamesA Jul 26th, 2004 04:19 AM

If you are simply getting a flight from Phuket then forget the boat journey as Phuket Airport is on the north of the island so it's easier just to take a car+driver station wagon/mini van from krabi to Phuklet Airport, takes about 2 hrs.

JamesA Jul 26th, 2004 12:34 PM

Keep a watch on weather as heavy rains in Phang Nga/Phuket and Krabi area at moment, you can keep up to date by checking Phuket Gazette's online edition

www.phuketgazette.net

(note: .net not .com )