Notices

Krabi or Koh Samui?

Jul 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Krabi or Koh Samui?

Hi Everyone:

My husband has a business meeting in Singapore in October and we are going to take a 4 night 5 day side trip to Thailand. We want to relax, disconnect and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Friends have recommended either Krabi or Koh Samui... which is better/easier to get to from Singapore?

Thank you!
Jul 23rd, 2013, 11:05 AM

Phuket/Krabi is easier to get to - there are non-stop flights from Singapore. But weather in October is iffy at all of the beach areas in Thailand. You would likely have better weather in Bali. Very easy to get to - lots of non-stops from Singapore.
Jul 25th, 2013, 03:41 PM

Greetings holly and congratulations on October trip to our fine home of Singapore; hope you have a productive and joyous time in SIN.

Can't help you with Krabi and Ko Samui, but will suggest - budget permitting - a truly peaceful place I (we) have savoured over the past ~ decade, the Amanpuri on Phuket. Most of our long weekend Aman stays have been late October and early May, shortly before and after her high season tariffs commence and end. Some great friends, staff and management at that resort, occasionally encountered in Bangkok and SIN; lovely yearly tradition.

Will also propose Bali. (Perhaps an esteemed Fodorite and Bali expert, 'marmot', will offer suggestions.) Latest Balinese holiday was two months back, wedding guests at the Jimbaran Puri Bali. As with my review of the Amanpuri on my profile page, my summation of the Puri Bali doesn't come close to capturing the serenity and beauty of that property. Quite memorable.

Finally, do allow sufficient time at my primary and beloved airport of Changi (and, perhaps, my cherished and primary business travel carrier, Singapore Airlines). Unless I'm away on a longer business trip, Changi is a weekly venue for meetings and flights. Most efficient - and will be flying home to her later today.

Savour your planning and warm and early Friday and weekend wishes to you and all,

macintosh (robert)

... Singapore Girl, You're a Great Way to Fly ...

Search this Thread