Koh Lanta/Pimalai in October

Jun 29th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

Koh Lanta/Pimalai in October

We are going to Thailand for our honeymoon in late October and are going to spend 5 or 6 days somewhere beachy, and are seriously considering booking at Pimalai. I've read some very helpful reviews here and wondering if anyone else has any tips and any info on the weather in late October? Will we get all rain? If so would another location be better? We want a relaxing, luxurious place with a nice beach, and more food options other than the resort. Night life doesn't matter to us. Any help would be appreciated. This is our first trip to SEA! Thanks in advance!
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:52 AM

October is when the seasons change, so you could have sunshine but you could also get rain.
if this is your first time important to appreciate that Koh Lanta although a very nie island is also very (very) quiet, many will alsways say that's fine, but remember there is 'quiet' and there is 'Quiet', Koh lanta is Quiet', in my honest humble opinion unless you want to stay in a place most of the time and just venture to a local restaurant you might wish to think about perhaps a quiet beach on Phuket which is relaxing but however is only a short ride away from lots of restaurants, night markets, street stalls, shopping etc.

I would 'guess' that you would want to go out a few evenings, perhaps a few cocktails and a little music, visit a night marjet etc, if that's the case then perhaps Kata Beach on Phuket would suit, unless very quiet is what you are after.
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:53 AM

Sorry about my typos, I always blame my poor keyboard but no excuse this time as sitting in an internet cafe, it must be 'me' to blame!
Jul 2nd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. We decided to go with Pimalai. I forgot to mention that we will be spending two whole weeks in Thailand/Cambodia and this will be at the end of our trip so we will be fine with the remoteness and relaxation. We are still working out the rest of our trip plans so I'm sure I'll have more questions! Thanks!
Jul 3rd, 2005, 02:30 AM

An excellent choice particularly following your tour. I was there a couple of years ago (2nd visit!) - try and get a villa on the beach (they might be open to negotiation re price!!).

Breakfast was superb - freshly cooked ham to carve yourself every morning as well as the normal buffet (including freshly prepared fruit juices).

Lovely 'infinity' swimming pool just in case weather has not settled after rainy season

Have a wonderful honeymoon.
Jul 4th, 2005, 01:58 PM
CFW

You will love the Pimalai. Like you we visited after two weeks in other areas of Thailand and it was the perfect ending to a fabulous trip. A perfect place for a honeymoon -- for us it was a second honeymoon. Very romantic even after 25 years of marriage! Congratulations on your wedding and enjoy your trip -- it will be great.