Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Know a nice little hotel in Bangkok? (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/know-a-nice-little-hotel-in-bangkok-467160/)

cram Aug 15th, 2004 06:17 AM

Know a nice little hotel in Bangkok?

On our trip back from Myanmar early Nov, we will spend a night in Bangkok, use the next day for sightseeing in BKK and then travel back home. Have followed advice that came in from a former thread I posted and take Ratt as a guide. All set, thks to all for the hint. Now, we'll need one night's accomodation in Bkk. Any ideas anybody? Thks

rhkkmk Aug 15th, 2004 06:42 AM

it largely depends on what you want to pay and perhaps what part of the city you want to be in...

a good source is: www.huahin.20m.com

they list quite a few with the current prices....

my favorite is the bangkok marriott resort and spa...its about $90...

the davis hotel gets good reviews as well..

there are lots of cheaper hotels as well..

orgy7 Aug 15th, 2004 07:55 AM

we have no clue what your budget or wher eya want too stay but if you want a structruly litle hotel I've seen some around sukunvit Soi 4 that looked small

Lyndie Aug 15th, 2004 09:41 PM

A nice hotel is Viengtai Hotel at www.viengtai.co.th-really nice place with a great pool. 1750 baht per twin. You could try priceline.com.sg for 4 star riverside at US45-see what you get!!!

cram Aug 16th, 2004 08:31 AM

Just saw another thread with similar question about hotels in Bkk. Looks like Oriental would do. It's not little, as I defined my question, but I like the description by those who know the place. What would +- the price range be?

glorialf Aug 16th, 2004 08:37 AM

You should check the mandarin oriental website for best rates for Oriental. It is definitely the most expensive hotel in the city because it rarely has "deals" during high season so the rate will be anywhere from $200-$260. However, the hotel website does have some lower rates off-season and early November may still qualify. If you don't see a good rate now, keep checking.

If you decide not to stay there and since you are only going to be in Bangkok one day I've vote for the Towers in the Royal Orchid. It will be significantly less expensive and is a first-rate hotel in a fabulous and very convenient location.

Guenmai Aug 16th, 2004 09:35 AM

Chateau de Bangkok(Sofitel). I'll be off to Bangkok soon and have a junior suite for 1400Baht...Yes, you read it right.It's an Accor hotel. There's also Novatel at Siam Square...also Accor...so go on line to Accor.com, I think it is. They have an 800 here in the U.S. (800)818.4685. I stay at Accors around the world. They have over 3,000 hotels and the price is usually great and they are clean and efficient.They also now own the Motel 6 here in the states. Happy Travels!

JamesA Aug 16th, 2004 09:40 AM

Depends entirely what you want to pay, there are good decent hotels like the Zenith, Impala, St.James, Arnoma, Elegance Suites all in the $40-50 range if you want a 3-star a/con place with all usual facilities which cater for mid-range travelers.

USNR Aug 16th, 2004 06:05 PM

My wife and I stayed at the Impala when we were in Bangkok and found it to be excellent. Good food, very clean, good service, helpful business communications center with email/internet, very much in the center of things -- monorail, department stores, etc.