Kerala House Boat book online?

Aug 17th, 2017, 12:19 AM
Original Poster
Kerala House Boat book online?

is it possible to book kerala houseboats online?
if not is there any agencies facilitate advanced booking?
Aug 17th, 2017, 05:47 AM
My suggestion would be to contact your hotel or other accommodation in the area, is you've booked one. I had a lovely couple of nights on a boat arranged for me on arrival by my guest house owner. He walked me to the dock on the morning and introduced me to the boatman. I think it's the best way to find one and at a good price because the people who live there know the good ones and won't want to steer you wrong for the sake of their own reputations.
Aug 17th, 2017, 09:59 AM
I can't recommend any one company in particular. I've used the Houseboats in Kerala numerous times and the experience has been quite varied.

A couple of questions you might want ask:

If you rent a houseboat with A/C ask what time/s theA/C will operate?

If you rent a 1 bedroom houseboat be sure you are not given a 2 bedroomed one. Some of the larger companies will send you off in a 2 bedroom houseboat and while you pay the 1 bedroom price you cannot use the additional bedroom. But the real problem is that the living area on a 2 bedroomed houseboat is usually smaller due to more space being taken up with the additional bedroom.

Ask how much time will you spend in the middle of a lake compared to the canals. The canal travel is much more interesting than the lake travel.
Aug 23rd, 2017, 07:05 PM
Original Poster
thank you @MMEPERDU & @BLUEKITO for your replies, i had contacted my homestay owner, he suggested me that they are having their own houseboat, which can be booked through the same site( I had booked the stay, I took peppernation site, found their boat listing, it was easy to find since the name of homestay and houseboat was same!.
I am going to kerala next week, will share my experience when i come back.

Search this Thread