Reload this Page >

Places to visit in Indonesia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 1998, 10:09 AM
Cindy

Hi, the reason I'm writting is because I am going to Indonesia in early January/99. I am going straight to Bali, but my intention is to visit some other places too. Which ones, besides Bali, are a worth visit? What about Java and Jakarta? And how's the wheather there? Thanks, Cindy

Old Dec 2nd, 1998, 06:18 AM
delphine

Hi, <BR>Bali is maybe the most beautiful, but Java is also worth seeing. We visited the 'Mount Bromo', a vulcano still in activity and it's really impressive! And it's near from Bali. <BR>If you like wild nature and have time, don't miss the islands at the east of Bali: Flores... <BR>But avoid Jakarta, just an industrial and polluted town and not very safe for the moment because of the economic crisis (I take it from a person living in Jakarta). <BR> <BR>The weather? Do not bring a pull-over! <BR> <BR>I can speak for hours of Bali if you need more tips. <BR> <BR>Delph

Old Dec 9th, 1998, 01:21 AM
anna

Cindy, don't miss out on Borobodur. It is the most magic place in Indonesia. <BR>My recommendation is : <BR>get off the plane in Jakarta. Spend a night or two (not more) either in one of the small Hotels in Jalan Jaksa or in one of the more luxury ones intown (get booking in advance and show the taxi driver the exact name and address of the hotel. He might not speak English. If the taxi driver doesn't know where the hotel is, get another taxi but be friendly.) Jakarta itself is not too phantastic. The National Museum is very worth a visit, though. From Jakarta take a train to Jogyakarta (tickets at the Station). Nice train ride and cheep. Spend some days there and go to see Borobodur (enormous, beautiful Buddhist temple compound) and Prambanan (very impressive and beautiful Hindu Temple Compound). There are lots of small travel agencies in Jogyakarta,where you can book a package tour to Mt. Bromo with drop in Bali. That will take two days or so. <BR>Have fun ! <BR>Anna

Old Dec 15th, 1998, 04:48 AM
Jeff

Hi Cindy, <BR> Terrific that you are going to indo in January. Can I recommend that you stay out of Jakarta for now and besides it's quite a trip from Bali. <BR> If you can get to Yogyakarta Candi Borobudur and Prambanan are great. Also in Yogya there is opportunity to see Javanese Dance, Wayang Kulit (Skin Puppet) and Gamelon. <BR> Also if you are up that way try to get to Solo where they sell great Batik. <BR> I leave on the 27th Dec. for Yogya. So e-mail me if you want to find out more. <BR>

Old Dec 18th, 1998, 11:05 PM
Koen

Have a look at my site full of info on Indonesia: Java, Bali, Lombok, Gili, Sulawesi and Flores. It's all great, especially Sulawesi. <BR> <BR>www.1000traveltips.org

Old Dec 18th, 1998, 11:05 PM
Koen

Have a look at my site full of info on Indonesia: Java, Bali, Lombok, Gili, Sulawesi and Flores. It's all great, especially Sulawesi. <BR> <BR>www.1000traveltips.org