Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Kathie is headed for Bangkok (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/kathie-is-headed-for-bangkok-656502/)

Kathie Nov 2nd, 2006 11:52 AM

Kathie is headed for Bangkok

We're off tomorrow to Bangkok and very much looking forward to the heat and the sunshine! I know were aren't the only ones flying tomorrow. I want to wish MrW "bon voyage" as well. And in the near future many others of you are flying to SE Asia. My best wishes to all of you for a wonderful trip. I will check in on the Fodors board at least every now and then and report any "hot finds" here.

dperry Nov 2nd, 2006 12:28 PM

Safe and happy travels, Kathie.
I'm looking forward to reading about your impressions of CM, I know it's been many years since your last visit.
My husband and I will be there next month, his last visit was in the late 80's!
Enjoy.

mrwunrfl Nov 2nd, 2006 12:35 PM

thanks and right back at you!

... next stop is Viet Nam.

marya_ Nov 2nd, 2006 12:36 PM

Have a wonderful trip, Kathie! May you enjoy old favorites and discover new ones.

As one stuck at home (sigh), I will be thrilled to read of any exciting new finds that you choose to post about here on Fodor's.

May time slow down for you starting tomorrow...

Craig Nov 2nd, 2006 12:43 PM

Looking forward to hearing about the "hot finds". Hope the ROS lives up to its highest standards for you as usual.

Elizabeth_S Nov 2nd, 2006 01:09 PM

Kathie - have a great time - thanks so much for all your help in my planning!

hawaiiantraveler Nov 2nd, 2006 01:22 PM

Have a wonderful trip Kathie and MrW.
I know Lily at SJ has a smile on her face.

Aloha!

divediva Nov 2nd, 2006 01:24 PM

have a great trip kathie,
can't wait to hear all about it...

what is your itinerary?
how long will you be gone?
keep us informed....

aloha.....

KimJapan Nov 2nd, 2006 01:32 PM

Have a great trip!

Kathie Nov 2nd, 2006 01:58 PM

Many thanks to all of you for your good wishes. We'll be gone for three weeks and our destinations are Bangkok, Chaing Mai (it's been 20 years since I've been there!) and Penang (the new destination).

evangelina Nov 2nd, 2006 02:17 PM

Have fun Kathie. Please let me know if Chiang Mai is recovered from the floods as I'm on my way in a few weeks.

lcuy Nov 2nd, 2006 02:48 PM

Have fun Kathie!! I hope you'll check in...I still have more Bangkok, Cambodia and HK questions....

filmwill Nov 2nd, 2006 03:45 PM

Kathie,

Have an amazing time! Sorry that we'll just be missing each other by days. Thanks again for all your help...this trip wouldn't have been the same without yours and Bob's help.

Looking forward to your trip report!

Warm regards,
Bill

Guenmai Nov 2nd, 2006 04:38 PM

Kathie...Have a great time. I know you will. And remember to help poor Karen keep Bob in line at the Bangkok GTG. Smiles. Please don't forget to ask about the Burmese jade pendants/necklaces. Say hi to Lily at SJ and tell her I'll see her again soon...for the yellow sapphire/diamond earrings to match the pendant bought in August. Hope she still has them. Can't wait to hear about Penang. I've been putting it off for years. I should have done it when I went to Malaysia back in 2001. Happy Travels!

CFW Nov 2nd, 2006 05:35 PM

Kathie, Have a great trip and hope you find some new "hot finds" as well as the old favorites. In Chinag Mai be sure to try the Oasis Spa at the original location -- I think you'll like it.

kuranosuke Nov 2nd, 2006 05:44 PM

kathie, have a great and safe trip. too bad we won't be at the same gtg. i hope you enjoy penang.

mrw, you too, have a great and safe trip. have a 33 for me on tudor street in saigon.

terryr Nov 2nd, 2006 06:14 PM

I too want to wish you a wonderful trip and vacation, Kathie, and look forward to reading your report on this board. Have a safe trip and grand time!

Terry

Kathie Nov 2nd, 2006 06:19 PM

Thanks for all of your good wishes. I wish we were all going to be in Bangkok at the same time for a gtg.

Guenmai, I haven't forgotten about the jade!

Kuranosuke, I have your restaurant recs for Penang. I'm looking forward to great Indian food and to the infamous hawker stalls!

Bisbee Nov 2nd, 2006 06:27 PM

Welcome back to this side of the world. Safe travels. I'll be in BKK next Friday/Saturday for a late season mileage run to keep my gold status on Star Alliance.

Kathie Nov 2nd, 2006 07:28 PM

Bisbee, I'm just missing you as well. We fly to Penang on Thursday. Perhaps next trip we'll be able to meet up with more Fodorites.