Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Kanha & Bandhavgarh and Ranthambhore National

Kanha & Bandhavgarh and Ranthambhore National

May 24th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Kanha & Bandhavgarh and Ranthambhore National

Would like to know where anyone out there has stayed when visiting Kanha and Bandhavgarh and Ranthambhore National
Wildlife Parks?? Comments on the level of accommodations and the costs and transportation used to get to the parks would also be appreciated. It would also be helpful to know what time of year (weather) you where there and how long ago?
Mahalo
traveling with aloha
the coconut wireless
May 24th, 2004, 07:48 PM

In Ranthambore the most luxurious property now is the Aman resort - US$500 per night followed by the Oberoi property Vanya Vilas, $350 per night. IMHO the most authentic "jungle" experience is a tented property Sher Bagh (www.sherbagh.com). Approx. US$200 per night - only down side is tents are not air conditioned. Another new option is Dev Vilas (US$150 per night incl meals). Rates depend on time of year and what I have quoted are season rates. In tersm of timing April (when I went) and Oct are great months to spot tigers as it is hot and they can be found near watering holes. Safaris can be booked by your hotel - try to book jeep safaris rather than canter safaris as in the smaller vehicle you can get much closer to the animals. Jeep safaris need to be booked at least 60 days in advance.
May 31st, 2004, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

thanks but althugh I am not quite into backpacking the facilites you mention are way to expensive for my budget however other more reasonable suggestions would be appreciated

Search this Thread