Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Kandalama Lake Lodge, Dambulla -- Anyone familiar with it?
Notices

Kandalama Lake Lodge, Dambulla -- Anyone familiar with it?

Apr 10th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Kandalama Lake Lodge, Dambulla -- Anyone familiar with it?

One of the properties we have been shown for our itinerary is Kandalama Lake Lodge -- a new 6 room boutique hotel in Dambulla. Has anyone stayed there or seen this property? We were thinking of spending 3 nights in Cultural Triangle. At first, we were going to stay at one central lodge but wondered if 2 nights in Habarana and 1 night in Dambulla might be a better option to see the various sites in the Triangle.
Apr 10th, 2011, 02:33 PM

We stayed at the Kandalama when we were there. It was one of the first LEEDS-certified buildings in the world, designed by Geoffrey Bawa. We liked it - lovely place with lots of blurring between indoor and outdoor spaces. The food was excellent. We spent all of our cultural triangle nights there.

I've never heard of the Kandalama Lake Lodge, is it owned/managed by the same group? I looked at its webpage, and it makes no mention of the more famous Kandalama,so I'm guessing it isn't related.
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

As I said, the Lake Lodge is new and only 6 rooms. Right now (based on Trip Advisor reviews)....we are not interested in the Heritance Kandalama and they are not affiliated.

Search this Thread