Notices

Kanchanaburi

Oct 25th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Kanchanaburi

We plan on spending 6 nights in Kanchanaburi. Our local agent has recommended River Kwai Jungle Rafts - although it looks nice it seems to be situated far from town - Can you please advise on pleasant hotel accomodation nearer the Kwai River Bridge. We would like to be near to markets and other activities please.
Oct 25th, 2011, 08:37 AM

We stayed at the Inchantree Resort which, if my memory serves me well wasn't too far from the bridge. It was a mid range place, recently built and quite smart.Take care when choosing your accommodation as the town can get full of partying Thai students at weekends. Lots of loud karoke and party boats up and down the river. The town can get very busy at night but there are some good restaurants about. Why 6 days - it does seem a long time unless you are using it as base to travel around - Tham Wang Badan and Erawan National parks are reasonably close by and are worth a visit
Oct 25th, 2011, 06:02 PM

I'd second the reccy for U Inchantree. You can see the bridge from the riverside restaurant of the hotel. I'd also wonder why you want to spend so much time there. I think you'd exhaust all the sights within three full days.
Oct 26th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice - Our itinerary includes spa, cooking courses as well as a 2 night stay at Kwai River Jungle Rafts. The time period had to work in with family visiting us for the long weekend too.

Search this Thread