I'm looking to find more info about Dunai and Juphal.
First of all does someone know if it is possible to hire a local porter there to carry my stuff up and down to Poksumdo Lake and then Do Tarap (=without having to cross the +5000 meter pass in between them, I'd rather backtrack). I usually prefer a local porter, knowledge of english is not strictly necessary, before I always got around using a mix of pijin english, very basic hindi and a phrasebook. Neither a I interested in carrying tent, stove and kilo's of food, instead I prefer to sleep and eat in local basic teahouses/homestays.
Second is it absolutely necessary to hire a guide for just the 3-4 day walk up to the lake? I 'm not going to upper Dolpo.
And does Dunai have a reliable ATM machine in case I need more rupees than planned?
Information on this area is quite scarce and any info, tips and recommendations are highly apreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 2 https://musclebuildingbuy.com/core-max-ultra/
- 3 शिकार BROTHER PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 CONTACT BROTHER Techh care
- 4 Tour & Team Building in Ho Chi Minh
- 5 Hiking in Sapa
- 6 First time to Vietnam. Itinerary help please
- 7 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 8 Does anybody hear Saigon Free Day Tours?
- 9 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 10 Japan escorted
- 11 two health related questions
- 12 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 13 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 14 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 15 Princess Cruise
- 16 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 17 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 18 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 19 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 20 Bago or Golden rock
- 21 Bangkok
- 22 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 23 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 24 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 25 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH