I will be traveling from Shinjuku to Kamamkura in the morning, and then in the late afternoon, from Kamakura to Kyoto. I will be using my JR Pass (green seats).
My Shinjuku to Kamamkura trip is as follows.
Shinjuku to Yokohama (on JR Shonan-Shinjuku Line Via Tokaido Line), and Yokohama to Kamakura (on JR Yokosuka Line). As per Hyperdia, both the lines have green seats so my questions are:
1. If I know the timing for my connection in Yokohama, can I make reservations for the green seats for both the lines at Shinjuku?
2. What happens if I miss my connection in Yokohama? Is there a penalty or can I make new green seat reservation at Yokohama to go from Yokohama to Kamakura?
3. Can I make green seat reservations in Shinjuku for my evening trip from Kamakura to Kyoto?
4. Are there Resevation Offices (Midori-no madoguchi) to make reservations at all stations or only big ones? Do they all understand and speak English?
5. My Kamakura to Kyoto trip is Kamakura->Yokohama (on JR Yokosuka Line), Yokohama->Shin-Yokohama (on JR Yokohama Line Rapid), Shin-Yokohama->Kyoto (on SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481). Only the first (JR Yokosuka Line) and the third (SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481) lines have green seats, but can I still make green seat reservations for SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481 at Kamakura?
6. For Yokohama->Shin-Yokohama (on JR Yokohama Line Rapid), since there are no green seats, do I just sit in any seat and show the JR Pass to the train conductor or do I need to get anything at the Resevation Office?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RICOH PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 installations CONTACT RICOH Techh care
- 2 12 days in Cambodia January
- 3 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 4 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 5 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 6 Internet in SE Asia
- 7 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 8 6 Days in Thailand
- 9 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 10 Wat Arun
- 11 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 12 9 days in Japan in April
- 13 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 14 Question re. fees at BOM
- 15 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 16 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 17 Spa Bangkok
- 18 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 19 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 20 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 21 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 22 need your help with japan itinerary
- 23 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 24 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 25 4 DAYS in KERALA...