Tokyo 1 Day Help!!!!!!

Search

Tokyo 1 Day Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tokyo 1 Day Help!!!!!!

We are in China now and we were going to go to Hong Kong but because of the outbreak we are now going to Tokyo. 2 adults, 2 teenagers and one pre-teen.I have no clue what to do for one day. Help!
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 04:39 AM

This Fodor's site has plenty of suggestions. Click on Destinations above, scroll down to Asia, click on Tokyo, and see a proposed 3-day itinerary and other suggestions.
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:01 PM

Also, when you arrive at Narita airport, go to the Travel Information Center (TIC). There are English speakin staff there who can give you maps and suggestions.<BR><BR>With only one day, you won't have time for much. Here are some thoughts:<BR><BR>Ginza area for lights and shopping. Also the Kabukiza Theatre to see Kabuki. In the Asakusa area of Tokyo, you can visit the temples and walk the traffic free street called Nakamise-dori. The Edo Museum or the Tokyo National Museum are highly regarded. Also, if the cherry trees are blooming (this is called &quot;sakura&quot visit Ueno Park. If you are there on a Sunday, you might visit the Harajuku station area to see Japanese teens gathered in funky dress and then visit the nearby Meiji Shrine.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:55 AM

<BR>LeslieC gave great suggestions: Meiji Shrine and visiting cherry blossoms.<BR><BR>How much time do you actually have? Arriving at NRT at 4PM and departing the next day at noon? Arriving 8AM, dep at 8PM next day? Or what? <BR><BR>I'll just toss out this idea: from NRT, take the Narita Express to Shinjuku. Check into a hotel near Shinjuku station. <BR>Visit the park in Shinjuku to see the cherry blossoms and, hopefully, some of the festival events. Then Meiji Shrine and Ginza. Next day, check out of hotel and take the Odakyu Romance Car to Hakone and take the Fuji circuit (leave bags at the station). Then trains to the airport.<BR><BR><BR>
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Original Poster

In response to the last reply, I will be staying at the Four Seasons Chinzan-so (check spelling) arriving at a little before noon on the 26 and leaving a little before noon on the 28. Hope that helps, and thanks to all that did respond.
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 04:33 AM

<BR>Nice hotel, you got the spelling correct. I'm not sure how the Japanese would pronounce it. They've got a nice web page:<BR>http://www.fourseasons.com/tokyo/index.html<BR><BR>The website says the most common way to get there from NRT is via a limo bus. The hotel is between the Edogawabashi station and a stop on the JR Yamanote line (Mejiro station).<BR><BR>Your hotel has an onsen! I would be hitting that all three days that I was there.<BR>
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:35 AM

One of the great must-do things in Tokyo is to visit the Tsukiji fish market in the morning - your hotel can help you get a cab and you should be there by 4-5ish in the morning - i promise you as an ex-expat in Tokyo, this is always something people loved....exotic fish, and real life... plus if you like sushi, the best sushi afterwards at the superb places around the market - the market is large and there is an auction around 4ish and it's very interesting to see the experts walking aroudn 3 foot tunas worth $100K checking out the quality etc... If you don't like sushi or are not ready for it in the am, there are also real-world ramen shops in the area... where you share a delish bowl with the bluecollar morning workers ... Enjoy!