Notices

Jodphur day trip to Ranakpur ?

Oct 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Jodphur day trip to Ranakpur ?

Hi,

I was wondering it it's possible to do Ranakpur as a day trip from Jodphur? I think Ranakpur is about a 3 hours drive from Udaipur on the way to Jodphur, but I don't know how far the temple is from Jodphur. I would love to see the temple, but I don't have time to visit Udaipur on this trip. I'll be in Jodphur the 2nd week of November.

Thanks.
Oct 8th, 2012, 04:24 AM

While the temple is amazing, I am not sure it is worth a long drive. I was a bit underwhelmed as we saw many jain temples in india and I was expecting more. Where else are you traveling to?
Oct 8th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Because my initial goal was to see the Pushkar Camel Fair, and I don't want to move around too much, my schedule will pretty much be Jodphur > Pushkar > Jaipur > Agra. Ranakpur looks amazing in pictures, but I guess I won't attempt to see it. There are some Jain temples closer to Jodphur (at Osian), so maybe I'll do day trip to those instead. Thanks.
Oct 17th, 2012, 04:17 AM

Its a 4 hour trip from Jodhpur to Ranakpur. From Ranakpur to Udaipur is only 2 hours. It makes sense to just continue on to Udaipur unless there is an urgent reason to return to Jodhpur

Search this Thread