Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Jet airways or Malaysia Air from Singapore to Delhi? (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/jet-airways-or-malaysia-air-from-singapore-to-delhi-317442/)

lcuy Mar 5th, 2008 09:41 PM

Jet airways or Malaysia Air from Singapore to Delhi?

I'm going to be flying from Singapore to Delhi (and back in) May. My three choices are on Jet Airways, Malaysia Airlines, or Air India.

Don't think I want to chance Air India, so deciding between the other two. The prices are the same, but the schedules are a bit better on Malaysia. Have been very satisfied flying Jet domestically in India; is it as nice on their foreign routes? I know nothing about Malaysia Air.

I'll post this on the airline forum too, but I trust you all here!

Any thoughts on these two airlines?

JamesA Mar 6th, 2008 02:23 AM

Malaysia Airlines is a great airline but it would mean changing flights in KL. Regarding the others I commented on the Airlines sections, if Jet is non stop and is on their A-330 then I would go for that based on you having enjoyed flights with them already ( I have not flown Jet but by all reports they are very good )

lcuy Mar 6th, 2008 02:36 AM

James- I hadn't even noticed the stopover. You were right about that and also right about the pricing- Malaysia and jet are coming at $630, Singapore at 1200+.

As I also need to get from Honolulu to Singapore, and will be going to Malaysia, Vietnam, and Japan, I don't want to do such a splurge for the SIN- Del portion.

Thanks for your pointers!

dogster Mar 6th, 2008 03:16 AM

Jet was fine BKK - Kolkata a coupla months ago. And way cheaper. Check the business class fares - you may just find that there's little difference between them and economy.

JamesA Mar 6th, 2008 06:05 AM

Try Misa Travel Singapore, I've used them for cheap flights from SIN and they were fine.

www.airfares.com.sg

OK now I know there are add ons, taxes etc but for May SIN-DEL they show: US$
Thai 460
Singapore Airlines 518 ( !! )
Sri Lankan 535
Malaysia 557
Jet 589 (!)

Go to the main page and put in to Delhi and dates and they available seats/fares, that may help you

There FAQ about making bookings with them: ( Last time I used them I used c/card to guarentee flight/payment but arranged to pay cash to their office in SIN and it worked just fine )

JamesA Mar 6th, 2008 06:11 AM

Sorry...sorry...those are SGD ( Singapore dollars )

SGD 518 ( using XE conversion ) about = USD 373 ( plus SGD 226 = about USD 163 ) so total about US$ 536

When you see fares make sure you check what those taxes/add ons are

JamesA Mar 6th, 2008 06:15 AM

Note if you are doing Malaysia Air Asia, Tiger and Jetstar now have budget flights between Singapore and KL

www.airasia.com
www.jetstar.com
www.tigerairways.com

Tere Mar 6th, 2008 08:24 AM

Jetairways is probably the best airline I have ever flown!

I flew with them Heathrow to Mumbai and then and then to Goa and was amazed by service, food quality and the planes. They even gave us a kit with Clarins face moisturizer, socks, toothbrush and toothpaste, etc , and we were flying economy!!!

lcuy Mar 6th, 2008 12:00 PM

Wow, thanks James for the website! great prices! And my daughter is living in Singapore, so she can go get tickets!

And thanks for the good words, dogster and Tere. Glad to hear Jet is good on their int'l routes. I really liked their domestic lines, but that doesn't alway mean int'l ones will be similar.

JamesA Mar 6th, 2008 01:41 PM

If your daugter is in Singapore that's perfect ! I will add they have been around many years.

Block 531A Upper Cross Street
#03-106 Hong Lim Complex
Singapore