Just wondering whether it's worth getting the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine for 3 and a half weeks in Malaysia? I'll be staying in KL, Penang and Langkawi for about 3 nights in each place, and then will be spending 11 days in Borneo (Sandakan area) on a volunteering project (not working in rice fields or near pig stys).
I'm reluctant to get it due to the cost and will be slathering myself in 97% deet anyway...but obviously if it's a must I will bite the bullet and do it.
Any assistance would be appreciated - I will be speaking with a travel doctor as well but I'd like a couple of opinions...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL Online + 1800/681/7208 Password recovery CONTACT AOL tec*h SUP0RT 24by7
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 5 days in Singapore
- 4 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 5 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 8 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 9 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 10 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 11 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 12 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 13 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 14 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 15 Wat Arun
- 16 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 17 Miyajima Island
- 18 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 19 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 20 Vientiane to LP December
- 21 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 22 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 23 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 24 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 25 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?