Trip report from Myanmar

Search

Trip report from Myanmar

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2015, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip report from Myanmar

Hi everyone. My wife and I went to Myanmar in July 2015 and we spent about 10 days in the country and we got to check out Yangon, Bagan and Mandalay during our visit. We have visited many of the other countries in the region and it was great to also visit Myanmar. I have made this trip report http://gardkarlsen.com/Myanmar_trip_report.htm that I hope can be of help to others that are planning a visit to this country. I have also posted lots of photos from our trip on http://gardkarlsen.com/Myanmar_photos.htm . Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments

Regards
Gard
Old Sep 23rd, 2015, 01:01 PM

Hi Gard, I enjoyed your report and photos. I'm sorry you weren't able to make it to Inle Lake as I think it is an amazing place. But you did well in the time you had for the trip. As you noticed everything published about the country is out of date so trip reports like yours are valuable. We are headed to Myanmar for the third time in November - we just can't get enough!
Old Sep 24th, 2015, 03:07 AM

The photos are great, and you managed to do so much! It felt like being there all over again
Tips on restaurants and places to eat are always welcome, as are the details on buying an internet package. They're some of the most asked for tips and your review covers them both!
Where are you headed next?!
Old Sep 26th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Original Poster

Glad you guys enjoyed the trip report We don't have any trips planned at the moment - I have a couple of work trips coming up but we have used up our vacation for this year

Regards
Gard
Old Sep 26th, 2015, 04:18 AM

Thanks for sharing, Gard. I enjoyed your detailed report and lovely photographs. Did you book on your own or did you use a travel agency?
Old Sep 26th, 2015, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Hi. We booked the flights and hotels online so we did most of the work in advance. When we were there we organized tours in Bagan and Mandalay and this was done by getting help from the hotels

Regards
Gard
Old Oct 17th, 2015, 06:45 AM

great photos and description, enjoyed it a lot. thank you very much.