My family, 2 adults and 2 teenage boys, are visitng family in Shimonoseki. We are going to use the JR Sanyo 4 day pass to explore a little. Here is a possible plan.
Sunday travel to Hiroshima and visit the Peace Park and the museum. In the mid afternoon take the JR ferry to Miyajima and visit the Itsukushima Shrine. We are staying the night at a ryokan on the island.
Monday take the cable car to the top of Mt. Misen. We will leave in the late afternoon and go to Himeji and stay the night.
Tuesday watch the restoration of Himeji castle and maybe visit Mt. Shozan temple Engyo-ji. Taking a late afternoon train to Uno and stay the night.
Wednesday take a morning ferry to Naoshima Island and spend the day with the Art. In the evening take train back to Shimonoseki to relax for a few days visiting Japanese family.
Mt. Mosen AND Mt. Shozan. Too much?
I welcome any advice or thoughts on any part of my plan. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 2 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 3 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 4 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 7 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 8 Vientiane to LP December
- 9 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 10 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 11 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 12 5 days in Singapore
- 13 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 14 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 15 Shanghai in January
- 16 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 17 Myanmar tour companies
- 18 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 19 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 20 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 21 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 22 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?
- 23 We did it! -4 weeks of independent travel in China - a detailed report
- 24 look for resort suggestions for Phuket and/or Ko Samui areas
- 25 Singapore Help